Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
They need a NEW 2.4 radio ! , not just a patch job for the 3pk.

I love our 3pk's , which we have 2 but fortunate we're not having to
change crystals all the time .

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what I read on other sites it looks like this unit can be used in the 3pk or 3pj. I currently have the spektrum unit. and I love it.

I know alot of people who really love futaba products and said they will wait till futaba makes one.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'm not debating , Futaba makes great products , never had a problem , that was there fault , for over 20 years.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hey guys,

The new system looks great! I cannot wait to test mine this weekend.

Keep an eye out for some more great products hopefully soon to come from Futaba! :thumbsup:

Adam Liehr
Team FUTABA

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
adamliehr said:
Hey guys,

The new system looks great! I cannot wait to test mine this weekend.

Keep an eye out for some more great products hopefully soon to come from Futaba! :thumbsup:

Adam Liehr
Team FUTABA
Yeah Id like to know what happens with yours.. Your home track was one that saw many problems with Spektrum systems.. I like the idea of no antennae..

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yes the reciever does have a very small anntena... Unfortunately, the reciever that didn't have any antenna was only a prototype. Im sure in the future Futaba will have one w/out, but not for now.

Sadly it will be about 2 weeks before I get to run. We are supposed to go to Platinum to test a little this weekend, but I am stuck doing some stuff for school.....:cry: ....

I will let you guys know how it works as soon as I can! I'm sure it's going to be great!:thumbsup:

Adam Liehr
Team Futaba

·
Registered
353 Posts
I love Futaba products... have used them for twenty years. I have been using Spektrum for over a year and until this weekend have only had two problems. The first two problems throughout the year were probably my fault because I forgot to rebound the system after using another receiver. This weekend I was running 19t and the Spektrum took me to the wall twice and I had already rebonded the system. Cost me a heat, a chunked tire and the main. I will stand by and see how these systems work out for everyone. Seems like it could be just what we need.

·
HobbyTalk Pro
2,787 Posts
One of my team guys Jeff Dayger is also a Futaba factory driver. He used his the entire weekend at the IIC in Vegas with zero trouble. in 1/12 Mod, TC Mod and TC 19 turn...

I was impressed that with it, especially since the 2.4 Spektrum system had so much trouble when they first came to market. I was concerned that since Futabas 2.4 system is still relatively new that we may have trouble, and wasn't really comfortable using a race of that magnatude as a test, but like I said before, it worked prefectly without any trouble...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would like to thank everyone for their kind words about Futaba products. I tested the the new 2.4 SS system all summer in both nitro and electric cars. No problems were noted in either type of vehicle. These were all very different tracks in various locations. From all the reports I have received there have been no noted problems on carpet tracks. The release date of the new products will be announced soon.
Best regards
Donn Rice

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Donn there is no doubt that Futaba is the absolute best radio out there. I started with a Magnum Jr went to the brick style 1024 pcm then to my current 3pjs which was in 2000. so it's about time for a new radio. I wait and see what you guys come out with in the coming months.

I know alot of guys see me use my spektrum and say yah it's nice but I won't get one till futaba comes out with one. well there should be alot of units sold down here in FL including one for me. lol

Dave Puliafico

1 - 20 of 38 Posts