Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see this Gieco commercial with Don LaFontaine in it. Cute, for what it is. I Google him and get his website - look though his stuff and stumble on this video that's actually pretty funny in it's way. These guys clearly have a sense of humor about their line of work. Anyway, it's a Flash site so I can't give you a direct link, but go to http://www.donlafontaine.com/home.html, then click on "Video Clips" on the top menu, finally select "Video #4" (5 Men In A Limo) from the menu at the right.

John O.

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
John O said:
These guys clearly have a sense of humor about their line of work.
You won't last long in motion-picture advertising if you don't.

The agency I work for (www.theantfarm.net) has engaged Don's services "once or twice" over the years, and he's a helluva nice guy.

Every year the different trailer houses will contribute four or five of those gag spots to the Key Art Awards, and they're the only things that get me through the seemingly endless ceremony (that and a flask full of Makers Mark).

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
More than the deep voice guys, I'm kind of partial to the creepy old wizard type of voiceover...nothing comes to mind to illustrate, but I think it was more common in the 80's.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
That was great fun. I especially liked the rounds of "NOWs." That is such a trailer cliche that is still going strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts