Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a very stressfull week, took advantage of my wife working last night, put the kids to bed and actually pulled out all my loose cars. Spent a couple of hours organizing them by make/model (how DID I get so many Mopars??). What a great way to relax. Found some cars I had forgotten about, got some ideas for new things to try to find - I have to tell you, I think I spend more time talking about cars, hunting in stores/on-line or working out trades for cars - good to actually enjoy them for a change!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Stress relief

carnut2256 said:
I miss making little "vroom vroom" noises
That is always an option when "viewing" your loose JL castings.
Sometimes, it depends more on who is close by, as to how much volume is applied.
Always a fun thing to do.
Sometimes, I will line up a whole bunch of castings in lines on the dining room table making "parades".
I usually do this when my wife isn't home.
If she is home, I just tell her that I am doing a new sort and re-organizing everything.
It usually works.
And yes, it can also be a stress reliever.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
One of my favorite playing with cars activities is getting out the expert racers track, and running my own bracket racing. it has the 1 player setting, so it is the cars racing, not reaction times. the only trick is keeping the dog and cat at bay

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Mike, keep that in mind more often! I find going through my collection very relaxing! I sometimes lose track of time.... Just yesterday, I finally hung the display case Sandee gave me for my birthday. It was pure joy filling it with 108 Mopars!
Superbirds, Super Bees, Coronets, Darts, GTXs, Road Runners, Satellites, Cudas, Challengers, Chargers, Daytonas, Dusters......oh my! :cool:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
Mike, keep that in mind more often! I find going through my collection very relaxing! I sometimes lose track of time.... Just yesterday, I finally hung the display case Sandee gave me for my birthday. It was pure joy filling it with 108 Mopars!
Superbirds, Super Bees, Coronets, Darts, GTXs, Road Runners, Satellites, Cudas, Challengers, Chargers, Daytonas, Dusters......oh my! :cool:
pics ? :thumbsup:

I really want to pick up some of the 108 cases but I am waiting till I have more of the mopars I need together or at least till I finish my list of what I need . I was gonna take a ride out to giovanni plastics some day and see if I could get a discount if I buy a couple at a time or if they have some imperfect cases I could pic up on the cheap .

Right now everything is in the 48 car clear plastic cases and I am trying to keep all the same casts together , but it seems everytime I add a few cars I have to rearrange everything . I just added another 50 or so cars today that I was missing and that put a little dent in my need list .

seems like everytime I do that though I pick out a few and roll them on the table

I picked up the 2 older mopar 10 packs ( from 97 and 98 ) dirty and regular general lees a bunch of mopar odds and ends and I finally broke down and picked up about 20 regular mopar zingers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts