Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After I raok'ed the Fun Ho away that I used to have, I just got around to buying new ones. They are New Zealand made. I think the Bel Air is a re-production with the old moulds and dies, now done here in NZ at a toy museum. The earth scrapers are original issues.

For all the info you'll ever need: http://www.funhotoys.co.nz/About-Fun-Ho.aspx

As I said, those issues that are sold through the website shop are re-issues. The original castings are used but they're not "original" cars at the same time. Micro Models has the same sort of system.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Your car might be original. I got a bunch of reissues and they all had blue windows! They were not cheap and I would expect not bought as toys but by collectors to fill in gaps in their collection. How can you tell it's a re-issue?

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just by looking through the website and the fact that it's paired up with that box. But the more I look at it, I'm starting to think that the box may be a new issue but the car itself original. It's actually hard to tell.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I thought it looked original to me.
Usually chipped areas on diecast gets dark looking with age like on your car.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been meaning to post, turns out they're all originals. The listing photo fooled me, the box is original too. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts