Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all im new to this and i was just woundering the ratio for the fuel oil mixture :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
What oil are you using?

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
gr83 said:
Hello all im new to this and i was just woundering the ratio for the fuel oil mixture :wave:
Yeah he called me, I had to explain ther is a Newbi on this end of the phone to :confused: < confussed boy with a pink car

·
Registered
623 Posts
i run my oil mix at 40:1 its a little rich but it saves on motor wear you can run it leaner to make more power but it tears up stuff.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm pretty green here to gr83. I was wondering if Bel-Ray at 60:1?
And the Fuel?
I have called all over Kansas City today.
A motorcycle shop sells Klotz 107 octane is this what I want?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I noticed that qsac recommends amsoil saber now and was curious to know if anyone has tried it and the ratio suggested, thanks, RW Is it 100/1 slider?thanks, rw :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I too have used VP c-12 with no problems.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
With the new QSAC required Amsoil Saber Professional, at what ratio will this be mixed?

I know in the past it has been 2 1/2 oz oil to 1 gallon of fuel, as listed in the rules. However, the change in oil came after the rules were released for 2007, so I didn't know if the ratio may have changed.

I know some of you had listed other ratios in this thread; that is part of the reason for the question.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
IN2RACIN said:
Joe -The Sabor Pro is mixed at 1.3 oz per gallon.
Is this going to be amended in the rules so it is not over-mixed at QSAC events?

Right now it is still listed as 2 1/2 oz to 1 gallon.

Joe

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was wondering if the Tanaka oil is a good brand to use. From what I see of it, it doesn't make any difference for the oil gas ratio. One amount is good for any ratio. Are they filling me a lot of bull?

Richard

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Then why would there be a oil ratio. Yes it does make a difference. it is really in the application it is being used for as what ratio is required.

I personally have not used Tanaka oil.

Amsiol Saber Pro.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts