Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the fuel supply line to the carb, pull fuel from the top
of the fuel tank or do you put a fitting in the bottom of the
tank to gravity feed. Where does the other line from the carb
go to.
With all the lines going to the fuel tank, how do you put additional
fittings on the tank and are they glued in. If so, what kind of glue.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
You will need a klunk in the bottom of the tank to insure the feed line stays in the bottom. Here are a few pics that should help with the carb and tank setup. You only need one line(w/klunk) going to the botton of the tank. The other lines are.. air line from carb, fill line from handle and over flow(which is usually added at the high point of the tank to allow the tank to be filled up completely).
Can the fuel supply line to the carb, pull fuel from the top
of the fuel tank or do you put a fitting in the bottom of the
tank to gravity feed. Where does the other line from the carb
go to.
With all the lines going to the fuel tank, how do you put additional
fittings on the tank and are they glued in. If so, what kind of glue.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Another note: the other lines/fittings going into the tank other than the feed/supply line really need to be flush with the inside or no more than a 1/4" into the tank.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can just find the proper places for your lines and drill holes just a bit smaller than your line and push them into the holes. I have an old wcm that needed a vent line and has worked perfect.

·
Registered
391 Posts
What size fuel klunk works best?
Thanks
I would not recomend using a klunk at all. When the tank gets low, it lets air in and you cant use all the fuel. I use a longer tube and bend it toward the rear of the car in the bottom corner. I cut a an angle on the tube and bottom it out on the tank and then pull up about 1/16. I also mount the tank at a 45 deg with the high end facing the driver side. With this configuration you can virtually get every last drop out of the tank.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I like the clunk. If a car gets upside down, the clunk falls to the top of the tank. This will almost insure it stays running until someone gets it back on it's wheels. If the engine dies from running out of fuel, it will need to be re-primed and hopefully it will start after a pull or two?! Many tracks only allow you to pull the start cord up to three times before they ask you to remove the car from the track...thus you can go laps down.

Also, the standard clunk that comes with the dubro tank works fine with me.

Just my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts