Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a new t-maxx and wanted to know what fuel was recommended by the experts on this forumn. My LHS sells only afuel called blue thunder. would this be ok? anything else a newbie should Know about the knew t-maxx and nitro in general? thanks alot.

C

·
0 Posts
Running Sidewinder 20% backyard basher... ~16% oil. Keeps the engine cool, easy to tune, however I do find it to be a little lacking in power... but with my Maxx its about longevity.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i would say blue thunder i know in my savage 25 i have ran blue thunder and bakyard basher and i like the blue thunder just as well if not better

·
Banned
196 Posts
Fuel is personal preference. I found for just bashing top fuel or blue thunder is good because it make the low speed less touchy. For racing Odonell or White lighting (what I use) gives an edge on the power but makes the motor load up a little more if the tuning isn't right on the money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i ran out of the traxxas top fuel a while ago. My engine was in it's sweet spot with that fuel. I tried the White lightning that i had for my savage and it works fine. I actually did not have to change any thing on the tuning. Now i am out of the White Lightning and my LHS is not going to get any so not i get to try Dynamites fuel.

·
Registered
142 Posts
the chemist says

all major brands highy engineer their fuel, so It will work for it's intended oreration to peak performace on a variety of engines. The key is to stick with the same brand. Petroleum products are molecularly stuctured differently. Bee's don't f*** flys. Your gas molecules don't work as designed when you switch brands. same w/engine oil in your real car too. KEEP IT THE SAME!
Traxxas in my traxxas, Orion in my ofna, Castrol in my real cars>

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use 1/2 - White Lightning 30% and 1/2 - White Lightning 20% and 10CC's of pure castor oil. This yeilds me a 25% nitro fuel with about 10-11% lube.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts