Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after the well known 'usual' hurdles & problems associated with the older Lunar kits I'm almost there. A big thank you goes out to Joel Tavera for his beautifully mastered interior and the help he gave me when needed :thumbsup:

I just need to install the completed interior, assemble the main body parts with plenty of two part epoxy, aves etc, prayer and final paint and whala!

There are plenty of lights and optics on the consoles that are not energized as of yet.

http://www.freewebs.com/flukesmodelpages/

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Awesome work, Troy! This one's gonna be a beaut when finished! Hope you're takin' it to WonderFest. Sure to win something!

And Joel is a great guy, ain't he? :)

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! :)

Yup! Its going to Wonderfest fer sure....win something...who knows?

I just go for the fun, dealers room, get out of the houes and to meet up with my cyber pals....oh yeah the oh yeah and the suite party's!

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Lookin' good, Troy. Sorry I won't be able to make it to Wonderfest this year to see the completed model in person; maybe I'll get a look on one of my Seattle trips.

Please continue to keep us posted!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry....I need to update that....Use the link on my first post.

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Troy, are you going to use the figures? Again looks very cool. I like the way you added little details, like the ladder in the stowed position. I was going to put Air Tanks in that little storage area under the bunk.

Again, Very cool.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!

No figures dude....I wanted to add the tanks and some dive suites but ....I'm trying to avoid one year builds :p

I wish I could add more pics but I'm building a quick garage kit/multi media 1/48 WWII U.S. Navy Grumman goose for an April 7th non-sci-fi contest....it's the same place and folks/hobby shop where our big fall Sci-Fan contest is and I always try to enter both. This one will be in the water like 1/72 VII C sub.

Nice kit.....its 80% resin but some funky fit problems :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you! :)

A few years back my Lunar Spindrift took a bronze....only to find later that the judges thought that I used the Lunar interior kit and an after market light kit. This time I will have a few in progress pics and a few pre printed text for them or anyone to look at.....it was suggested to me that makes a difference.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
hi troy, i am thinking about buying the LM FS in the near future for a future build. what kind of quality is the LM kit ? I know that when i built my LM 24 inch jupiter 2, the resin pieces were so bad, it took them 3 times to reship me something that was usable. In fact, i am going to do a complete makeover on my LM J2 with the help from Joel Tavera who was kind enough to send me the additional patterns he made for the 2 foot LM J2 he built for Guy Williams Jr. Nice FS by the way fluke

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Bert,
The exterior FS kit that Troy is working on is a LM first production run from when Mike Evans made it. The new kit has vastly improved resin parts that Randy retooled the masters of, and very much worth the price.
Fluke, it's coming along splendidly, and that scratch-built stand is very nice, too!
Please keep us posted, and good luck with the Goose!
Peter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts