Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Took about ten munutes to do too. First I made snirt. Snirt = snow + dirt. Snirt works it way in the backs of the wheel wells in cars. As tight as a block of wood on a sanding disk and often molded to the exact contour of a tire. Simple glue and paper towel rolled up like a 1st grader's bogger works fine. Then I masked of the front window, drew a windshild wiper design, cut it out and applied it before the spray. This casting dosen't have side windows so I created the typical Midwestern style of cleaning off windows when too lazy to use a brush which is to simply start rolling the windows down. Thus the partial crack on both sides as the passengers decide to take the easy way out before leaving.

With the weather we are having today in South Bend, it seemed appropriate. especially by the lake.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
In have always thought that if the Big Boys can do "dirty versions", PIP's and such, that "SNIRT" cars would be a big seller as well.

Nice job. Makes me fell at home in Snowy, Pothole laden Michiana...

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
You know a Snirt car name would be really catchy like PIP is. I would love to see SNIRT versions. It's one idea along with Mike Groothuis' of staggered quantities of chase cars (redlight, yellowlight, greenlight) that I thought would take hold.

Nahhhh! Lets put dubs on classic muscle, that will sell better.:freak:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Kmcardle said:
I hate it when SNIRT falls off of my car onto my garage floor! I think SNIRT is just fun to say!
I hate snirt in the garage too. It seems to last forever before it melts. I try and knock it off at work or in parking lots BEFORE I get home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.