Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought? jl was going to make a 3rd series of frightning lightnings.. Thought someone posted a link earlier this year.. I think it was to the members only board at jl...

Does anyone know if they have cancelled them.. or are they still coming out?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I think the new Universal Monsters series was, at one time, referred to Fright'ning Lightnings. That has since changed.

- JJ

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
He's correct, they were changed to Universal Monsters.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
WWE4LIFE said:
universal monsters? is this because of rc-ertl?
or pm?

Don't be upset, the name change was a good thing not a bad thing. Since they aren't really Frightning Lightning cars, just repaints and tampos on old castings, it would have been a travesty if they had NOT changed the name. We're all hoping, of course, that they will do a real Frightning Lightnings III.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I was just thinking...

....with all the different animals in the world...eating a multitude of different foods.....

why not do a similar series called,"Universal crap" :drunk:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
RobDog said:
I was just thinking...

....with all the different animals in the world...eating a multitude of different foods.....

why not do a similar series called,"Universal crap" :drunk:
Doesn't HWs already have that term patented? :lol: :devil:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Gadzooks n' Egads Man!!!

Oooooooooooooooooh Nooooooooooooo ...... Its another bunch o' car with lots o' graphics (cough, cough, gag,- gag as rapid nausiating peristalisis wrenches my poor stomach and doubles me over in horrid pain)!!!! Frightening Lightnings I and II were cool, but this series is very yuuuucky!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts