Hobbyist Forums banner

Frightning Lightning 3: PHANTASM 3 CAR SET

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  midtown 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
Phantasm.
Anybody else ever see this early 80's horror movie (starring Micheal Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Angus Scrimm as the Tall Man)?
Classic cult horror flick.
I saw this last night again (I saw this when it came out many years ago).
Cool movie, still sort of scary.
Some very cool cars too that would make some neat (Frightning Lightning) diecast (and card graphics too): The Hemi Cuda, the ice cream truck and the Tall Man's hearse.
Playing Mantis probably has current castings for these (save maybe the hearse).
Maybe make a replica of the flying chrome ball (with the spikes).

I know there is a website for this somewhere with pictures...

"Beware of the ball"

:wave: :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Man I love that movie. The second one was sub fair, and the third one was just plain bad.

Frightning Lightning would be a great fit. Actually, they could make use of the Heavenly Hearse in some capacity as the tall guys vehicle. It's as close as others I've seen jammed in place. With the new casting techniques an ice cream truck could be made into a lot of things like a telephone company service vehicle, beer truck etc.

I get the feeling the next FL will be unlike we've ever seen.

#10 ·
Excellent movie, one of my all-time favs. I'm still contemplating in getting the ERTL Cuda. I have seen one on the bay of a customized Phantasm Cuda that they made into a convertible. It was very nicely done. I called the guy to get some answers and he mentioned the reserve price, but it was too rich for me. It made 4 rounds before being won.

#16 ·
midtown said:

That guy needs to edit his website. In the link you provide the author states that Don Coscarelli started filming the movie in 1979 when in fact on another page of the same website it states that PHANTASM received the Special Jury Prize (Prix Special du Jury) 7e Festival International d'Avoriaz du Film Fantastique - Avoriaz, France, on January 21, 1979 with a wide spread U.S. release of March 28, 1979. I remember when the movie came out very well, it was awesome.

#17 ·
doing this set would require JL to finally make a 71 cuda hardtop in a new casting. I `m still wishing for this casting to be released of course.They have most of the specs already,they just need to turn the conv into a hardtop but not the way HW`s did it. HW`s has a terrible casting on the `fake` hardtop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.