Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kmart day for hotwheelers sept 18 @9:00 am. :thumbsup:

well they say ever case should have at least 1 thunt in them and the new releases and variations so we will see this time???. If anybody knows something different let me know. :thumbsup:
Eric

·
Registered
659 Posts
how early?

and what do you mean for a case?
-they open it with you there
-you buy it
-you get it for free! (i wish)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO you open them and pick out what you want, thats what i mean about you get a case to open, the kmart where i live open @ 8:00am and the hotwheel event starts @ 9:00

·
Registered
659 Posts
OHHH, awsome!

Ill probably get there right at 9, or a little before.

do they give everyone a case to open (ive never done this before :drunk: )

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
from my experience, some K Marts do, some don't (participate, that is...)

..the ones that do, they usually line everbody up, then each person is given a case to open and take what u want... if there are only a few people (not likely, but depends where u live...) then u might get to open 2 or more cuz they usually have like at least 10 to 20 cases, no?... and these cases are have NOT been opened... unless u have a really bad store, but have never heard of anyone reporting already opened cases...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
hey porsche,are you talking about the kmart by meijer? thats the one i think is the best chance. never many customers there and i know they participated the last time but i got there late.had to work,so i didnt get there till 11:30. but they still had some cool stuff.

·
Registered
616 Posts
According to Mattel, every Kmart is supposed to participate in this collectors day. Whether they do or not I guess is a moot point. If you want do a search on Ebay for tooned Camaro, and or Mad propz and you will see that some of the "special" cars are already there. There have been reports on another board of the special cars being found at flea markets already as well. As for how the store handles it, I have seen different things described but it does seem to wary accordong to how many people were there at the time. I will be making about a 4 hour trip to go to one. This is the first one that I will be attending so it will be interesting to see what is going on.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Bossman said:
the "special" cars
Which ones are "special?"

If you're talking about the Madd Propz, I saw that at the flea market today. I actually put up a post about it before I read this thread.

·
Registered
616 Posts
TennTags said:
Which ones are "special?"

If you're talking about the Madd Propz, I saw that at the flea market today. I actually put up a post about it before I read this thread.
The special cars are the following: Mad propz will be blue; CUl8R will be black; Tooned Camaro will be white with orange stripes; '63 TBird will be Silver; Off Track will be Orange and the Sir Ominous will be dark red. Personally I like the CUL8R variation better than the original and the blue Mad propz is sweet. I just got the propz regular version yesterday X2 and opened one and my son has not left it alone since. It is cooler than I thought it would be and is proving to have some play value in it for the kids. Mattel did manage to score with this one.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
D-68pontiac said:
hey porsche,are you talking about the kmart by meijer? thats the one i think is the best chance. never many customers there and i know they participated the last time but i got there late.had to work,so i didnt get there till 11:30. but they still had some cool stuff.
No, I was thinking of another one closer to me. I dunno if you saw it, but it was the one where I posted that someone was shot at. I just remembered that, so maybe I'll skip that one...:lol:

But that one near meijer is usually pretty vacant too. Although the few times I've been there they seem to have a nice selection of HW's, but forget about JL's. I haven't been there in a loooong time.

·
Registered
659 Posts
these "special" ones. will they be in different boxes, or just a different variation?

also, they are a K-Mart Only Variation?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Mecal said:
these "special" ones. will they be in different boxes, or just a different variation?

also, they are a K-Mart Only Variation?
These cars are going to be available in the cases specially porduced for Kmart for this event. They are supposed to be a Kmart only variation. Apparently the chance of these cars getting mixed into the regular mainline cases in nonexistant as they were supposed to have been produced in a different plant. Can't wait to see what is available at the one that I am going to.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Bossman said:
These cars are going to be available in the cases specially porduced for Kmart for this event. They are supposed to be a Kmart only variation. Apparently the chance of these cars getting mixed into the regular mainline cases in nonexistant as they were supposed to have been produced in a different plant. Can't wait to see what is available at the one that I am going to.

oh ok. thanks

i cant wait till Sep 18th! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
hey all hotwheel site say that all cases will have a thunt in it and all case WILL have the new releases in them with variations that includes the new variation of the mad propz in blue instead of red. :thumbsup:
Eric

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bossman said:
The special cars are the following: Mad propz will be blue; CUl8R will be black; Tooned Camaro will be white with orange stripes; '63 TBird will be Silver; Off Track will be Orange and the Sir Ominous will be dark red. Personally I like the CUL8R variation better than the original and the blue Mad propz is sweet. I just got the propz regular version yesterday X2 and opened one and my son has not left it alone since. It is cooler than I thought it would be and is proving to have some play value in it for the kids. Mattel did manage to score with this one.
Let them do there own research!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts