Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
well, I'll try and help out a bit..as far as the ZAMAC thing, these are Toys R Us exclusives that are unpainted versions of new First Editions..maybe somebody can help here and post a link to one of the number of other posts where this same question ws asked?

..and yes they have a plane in the 'hot 100' or First Editions for 2004...when we first heard about it, some were kinda sceptical... cuz in the past we had things like the helicopter and the blimp...yuk... why put out a Hot Wheels with no wheels?!? :jest:

but this Madd Proppz kinda grows on me, anyway, at least it has wheels.. they still seem to be hard to find...people (or scalpers) snagging them up as soon as they hang on the pegs... I did find one..opened it up and it is suspended from my ceiling, flying over all the little cars down below!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hi Mecal,

Zamac stands for "zinc aluminum metal alloy casting". Basically all it is, is a car that is unpainted but still has the normal tampos (decals) on it. They are a Toys R Us exclusive and are shipped to that store in a blue striped case rather than a purple striped case that all other stores get. In the US there are stores like Albertson's grocery and Jewel/Osco that Zamacs have also been found at but that is because they contract to TRU to get their toys. In any given blue stripe case there may be 3 to 7 zamacs plus, but not always, a TH (again not always), and the regular assortment of cars. There will be 36 zamacs for this year from the Hot 100. the most desirable so far seem to be the four cars pictured on that ebay link above. If you want a list of all 36 cars that are zamacs this year just let me know and I will find one for you.

Bossman

·
Registered
659 Posts
Oooo, ok, thanks guys. :)

So i can really only get 'em at Toys R Us?

bjgrammy, thanks much :hat:

---

hopefully today ill go out somewhere and look for that Madd Propz and that motorcycle... awsome.

as for the 100 cars, i try to only collect the ones i think are uncommon/rare - ya know, ones i dont see often, so does anyone have a list of the ones that arent common?

oh yeah, and i would like a list of the ZAMACs.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Zamac Wave 1:

#001 Batmobile
#002 Dodge Charger 1969
#003 Swoopty Do
#004 Chevy Impala 1964
#005 Nova 1968
#022 Mustang Funny Car

Zamac Wave 2:

#007 Ferrari 360 Modena
#010 Shift Kicker
#012 Dairy Delivery
#019 '49 Merc
#023 Rockster
#027 Bedlam

Zamac Wave 3:

#006 Two 2 Go
#008 Toyota Supra
#013 Hyperliner
#015 Dodge Ram
#016 2 Cool
#018 Dodge Neon

Zamac Wave 4:

#017 Grandy Lusion
#025 Deora
#043 Splittin Image
#044 Ooz Coupe
#046 W-Oozie
#062 Silhouette

Zamac Wave 5:

#028 Chevy Fleetline 1947
#036 Lotus Sport Elise
#039 Chevy Monte Carlo 1974
#048 Mustang GT Concept
#071 Camaro Z28
#076 Madd Propz

Zamac Wave 6:

#009 Enzo Ferrari
#056 Toyota Celica
#045 Fatbax Plymouth Barracuda
#053 Blings Barracuda

These are what I have on my list so far. Maybe someone else out there has the remaining two. I will look around to see if I can find them and if I do I will post them here.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Mecal said:
Oooo, ok, thanks guys. :)

So i can really only get 'em at Toys R Us?

bjgrammy, thanks much :hat:

---

hopefully today ill go out somewhere and look for that Madd Propz and that motorcycle... awsome.

as for the 100 cars, i try to only collect the ones i think are uncommon/rare - ya know, ones i dont see often, so does anyone have a list of the ones that arent common?

oh yeah, and i would like a list of the ZAMACs.

well for lists im not sure but the new power sander go kart thing the plane and the new motorcycles crooze and the other new one will all be hard to get

also zamacs are hard to get cazz there only at one store

and that store here gives all the good stuff to a local scalper there like friends i guess but she even said he gets all wl;s th;s and zamacs and ive seen employees taking cars befor they open so after him and the employes im lucky to get the painted variant of anything good let alon the zamac not sure how long the zamacs have been out but i havent seen a one anywhere and i know i wont

lots of scalpers make them impossible to get

in 6 yrs ive got 2 wl's and 2 th's and that all of anything really hard to find exept today i got a whips car in spetraflame blue i here there are really rare but not sure

and as far as the planes motorcycles and go karts ive only found 4 in 6 yrs 2 crooze with ozz 1 blast lane 1 fight bike so id say those are some htf ones the other new motorcycle is called tomahawk i think but im not sure if its out yet

you should be able to get a list and pics of the cars for 2004 at www.hotwheelscollectors.com

good luck on hunting for zamacs though

·
Registered
659 Posts
ah that sucks.

i hope to go to a TRU soon. :)

what go karts? the only one i can think of is the 1998(?) go kart.

edit: dangit, gotta be 18 to register to hotwheelscollecter.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Mecal said:
ah that sucks.

i hope to go to a TRU soon. :)

what go karts? the only one i can think of is the 1998(?) go kart.

edit: dangit, gotta be 18 to register to hotwheelscollecter.
its a good thing to go to tru soon cazz they will probly close by christmas time lol hope your tru is a good one mine here like i said is no good hope you find some zamacs

just curious how old are you?

also theres been a good number of go karts but i never find any so i dont know how many to be exact i can think of 8-10 right now though the fe. the th. the mothers wax. the yamahualer promos? i think it was and then repaints

·
Registered
659 Posts
oh ok, thanks.

and im 16.
started collecting in 1996 when my mom found a 1996 F.E (the mustang, 1/12) and said that it was different and we should keep it. and thats how it all started :freak:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Mecal said:
oh ok, thanks.

and im 16.
started collecting in 1996 when my mom found a 1996 F.E (the mustang, 1/12) and said that it was different and we should keep it. and thats how it all started :freak:
lol i got that mustang the other day

im 18 i didnt think there was to many younger people who colected hotwheels your the only person i know of thats younger then me

what all do you collect ?? like what kinds of cars and stuff?

·
Registered
659 Posts
heh yeah. I didnt think anyone was around the same age as me. :tongue:

i usually collect the First Editions, Final Run (i started collecting those recently (because they started recently?)), and just random setst hat i think are cool.

as far as F.E's go, i collect the ones that i dont see often, or ones that just look awsome. (as of now because there are far too many in a set, what happend to the good ol' days of 12 cars in the First Editions? :( )

the new sets arent that good, lately. but the Sega set, i have all of those, beacuse i love video games :thumbsup:

I have no Treasure Hunt, due to the fact that i havent found one yet.
cept once, but thats a long story.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Mecal said:
heh yeah. I didnt think anyone was around the same age as me. :tongue:

i usually collect the First Editions, Final Run (i started collecting those recently (because they started recently?)), and just random setst hat i think are cool.

as far as F.E's go, i collect the ones that i dont see often, or ones that just look awsome. (as of now because there are far too many in a set, what happend to the good ol' days of 12 cars in the First Editions? :( )

the new sets arent that good, lately. but the Sega set, i have all of those, beacuse i love video games :thumbsup:

I have no Treasure Hunt, due to the fact that i havent found one yet.
cept once, but thats a long story.
ive only got 2 hunts in 6 years hope you have better luck if you need any of the older final run cars from last year or like the 2001 or 2002 ones let me know i got some 2003s and tru has the older ones from 01-02 on clearance still

·
Registered
659 Posts
alright, awsome.

i have 4 out of the 5 '04 Final Runs, and the other set with the Laborghini and Porshe i have 4 of the 12... what year are those?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts