Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adam bought two last night? Came home late and I thought he was playing around with me. Sure enough he has a yellow one and a blue one. It even has the correct rims!! It's the GT version. The base says 1984 which should probably read 1985 since that body style in 84 was only for the Pace Car in white.

The only other little snafu is the sail panel. They are always black and these were done in body color. Outstanding castings but I don't see ANYTHING about it on the Motor Max site A*N*D, nobody said anything to me about this option when doing AutoFest castings.

I'm thrilled, shocked and upset all at the same time!!!!:drunk:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I found a couple pics for those of use who can't wait for our fix, but they kinda stink... according to the auction description, this yahoo swapped the rims for HW rims already. The pics are kinda lousy too, they appear to be done on a scanner...

Fleabay auctions # 260096996162 and 260096981242

--rick

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

As I stated before,these cars were a rumour and even the body style was being discussed by then.Now they are a reality and well done,as the other Fresh Cherries.

Is interesting to notice that no modeler up to now bothered with the final Generation of Fieros.Up to now,plenty of models from its first generation (even by Zylmex,Motormax predecessor).

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
stanmmx said:
Is interesting to notice that no modeler up to now bothered with the final Generation of Fieros.Up to now,plenty of models from its first generation (even by Zylmex,Motormax predecessor).

I am confused.. the Fresh Cherries Fiero is a 1984-1985 which is the second year of the Fieros, not the final generation... can you please explain what you mean?

Thanks, I am old and confuse easy

Rob

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
those 2 auctions seem to be the only FC Fieros on evil-bay...

boy, do those things look terrible with the over sized, 4x4 Hot Wheels wheels on them.. wonder why he did that?...any other pictures anywhere of these? I hope the ones that come on these are a bit smaller and look better....:confused:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear Rob:

What I mean iis that most of the Fiero models are from 1984 or 1985;there are not any models (well,Hot Wheels did it,but as a military 4x4) of the final Generation of Fieros I know of.

I hope that explains my statement.

I like the Motormax version.

Nick K

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
pic's we need good pic's ...lol
ps... i'm all in for a rear engine blowen wheelie puller :thumbsup:

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
stanmmx said:
Dear Rob:

What I mean iis that most of the Fiero models are from 1984 or 1985;there are not any models (well,Hot Wheels did it,but as a military 4x4) of the final Generation of Fieros I know of.

I hope that explains my statement.

I like the Motormax version.

Nick K
Nick

OK, I thought you meant there was a later version made...... I got excited there for a minute....

Rob

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
don't get me wrong, I think the cars look great... I meant the photos stink and the HW wheels are kinda dumb looking on it...

--rick

·
Registered
343 Posts
The final generation Fiero was done by Ertl in 1:43 in about 1989. It was red metallic. Ertl did a series of then contemporary American "muscle" cars in 1:43 from that time period; there was also a dark green Mustang and a blue Camaro and I believe also a Corvette. These were bubble packed.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
What's all this talk about a "final" generation of Fiero's??? How many generations could there have possibly been on a car with that short of a run?

There was one basic design start to finish in either notchback or coupe versions, wasn't there? There were minor changes along the way (ie: they all wound up with the original Pace Car style nose sooner or later), but still the same basic car I thought?

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
There were alot of different version of the Fiero... for the non-Fiero guy they may all look alike, but I have a friend who is all into them... It's just another one of those "worlds" that if yer not into it, then ya just don't know...

I know for sure there were at least 4 and 6 cylinder versions, there were the GT's... and I know the body styles were actually very different if you had one of the first ones sittin next to one of the last ones...

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
bought a blue one today. very sweet. I'm going to detail the rims with a black wash in the recesses to bring out the pattern...

--rick

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Pablodragon said:
There were alot of different version of the Fiero... for the non-Fiero guy they may all look alike, but I have a friend who is all into them... It's just another one of those "worlds" that if yer not into it, then ya just don't know...

I know for sure there were at least 4 and 6 cylinder versions, there were the GT's... and I know the body styles were actually very different if you had one of the first ones sittin next to one of the last ones...
If you have just the last year sitting next to the second to last year they look very different... There was at least three major styling changes that I know of for their short run... and I am not a fiero fanatic. Then there was the prototype next gen one as well that never came into production.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Correct..there was only one generation per se, 1984-1988. There were some styling and hardware changes over the 5 model years, but it was all one generation.

'Generation' is normally used when there is a redesign, like the Camaro had 4 generations ('67-69,'70-81,'82-92,'93-'02) for example, the '05 Mustang was the beginning of a new generation, the '08 CTS is the first of it's 2nd generation, etc...

·
Registered
896 Posts
Pablodragon said:
A buddy of mine's next door neighbor is nutters for Fieros..he seems to have 3-4 different ones at any given time... some he's working on.. the neighborhood council has been after him a few times for covenant violations (working on them in the driveway, unplated parts cars in the driveway, etc)...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pablodragon said:

I collect and document toys based on the Fiero. I have around 500 unique toys. The notchback, '84 and '85GT were the popular styles for the models but the GT fastbacks are THE Fiero to have... especially the '88. Unfortunately there are very few Fastback style models... a fauxpaw for the diecasters. But the new Motormax Fresh Cherries model is awesome... some 18 years after the car was terminated. If only it were a fastback. Where are people finding these? I've found the series in Wal-Marts but no Fieros!

Ray Paulk
The Fiero Toy Box

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
here you be...

like I said, I want to run a thin wash of black paint over the wheels to darken up the recessed areas.

I know the Fiero was tiny, and the Matador was pretty big, but looking at the top-down pic, do you think they're both in scale?

--rick

1 - 20 of 24 Posts