Fresh Cherries 1/60th Checklist?

Does one exist anywhere?

So far, I have collected:

Chevette (Green)
Gremlin (Green)
Maverick (Green w/black stripe)
Mustang II (Brown)
Vega (Silver)

I have yet to get the Pacer, Gremlin X and Pinto, but know where they are so can easily pick them up at a later point. I have seen the Pacer in Red, Black, White, and Orange. Which one of those colors is the rarest one?

But is this all of this series?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, got my green Pacer. :)

Also found something interesting regarding the Pinto.

Found a brown and yellow one, but here's the kicker. The brown one is a '71, while the yellow one is a '70.

Now, according to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Pinto, the Pinto wasn't introduced until '71, so I am wondering if this is a misprint, or was it intentional, or does someone at MotorMax just not have a clue?

Now all I need is the Gremlin X. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
arcangel said:

Found a brown and yellow one, but here's the kicker. The brown one is a '71, while the yellow one is a '70.
Hmmm - no comments on this "error"?!?

·
Registered
972 Posts
arcangel said:

Now, according to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Pinto, the Pinto wasn't introduced until '71, so I am wondering if this is a misprint, or was it intentional, or does someone at MotorMax just not have a clue?

Now all I need is the Gremlin X. :)
The Pinto was actually introduced in the fall of 1970 as a 1971 model. Someone at Motormax made a mistake on the packaging I guess, similar to the error on the American Graffiti 76 Chevy Caprice that the package says is a 77.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
As far as rare colors on Pacers ,, Ive never seen a white one . I would think production is the same for each color , but who knows for sure if Motormax doesnt tell us ... I do have a white Gremlin ..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here's what I have to date in the 1/64 scale

71 Mustang Sportsroof: blue, bronze
78 Chevete: green, bronze
76 Vega: silver, red
77 Mustang II: bronze, black, greenish
70 Maverick: red, yellow, white, green/stripes, blue/stripes
70 Pinto: yellow, orange, lite blue
71 Pinto: bronze, white, lite green, greenish
78 Pacer: red, orange, black, lite blue, yellow, brown, green(chrome siding)
green(black siding)
74 Gremlin: red, green, blue, white, lite blue
74 Gremlin X: red, blue

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
teeeye81 said:
Here's what I have to date in the 1/64 scale

74 Gremlin X: red, blue
Tom
You still need the white X. :)

And JUST when I get "caught up" with the Pacer, Pinto, and Gremlin X, I find I am still behind! AUGH!!!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Motor Max made some Chevettes on American Grafitti cards too. I compared the AG casting, and it is identical to the Cherries Chevettes. The chassis is the same too, same writing and other detail, except the AG cars have a plastic chassis where as the Cherries are metal. Cherries have clear plastic headlights, the AG does not. Same tires, wheels, interior.
For my collection, I include the AG Chevettes in with my Cherries Chevettes. The photo below shows the red and bright green AG Chevettes (both with flames removed).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I need a checklist for the 1974 AMC Gremlin. I already have in the 1/24 Blue, Green and Black. In the 1/64 I have the Dark Blue, Green, White, Red and the Sky Blue. In the 1/87 I have the Red and Blue. and the Gremlin X I have the Red and Blue What am I missing. Can anybody Help me complete the series on the 1974 AMC Gremlin. E-mail me at [email protected] when you find which ones I am missing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts