Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Send me a DVD-ROM disk or other recordable media of your choice along with a SASE to return it to you, and I'll burn the files for you.

I might have some that you don't have. My library is some 1.16 gigabytes in size and contains 207 folders and over 3,300 files.

PM me for my mailing address.

sharing the buttery goodness,

Mike

·
Registered
391 Posts
Send me a DVD-ROM disk or other recordable media of your choice along with a SASE to return it to you, and I'll burn the files for you.

I might have some that you don't have. My library is some 1.16 gigabytes in size and contains 207 folders and over 3,300 files.

Inquiring minds want to know .... what model are these files for?:confused:

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all of them (nearly)

just a sample:

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did I mention it's free (less postage)?

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright, as a marketing strategy, I'll offer seven (7) of my own DVDs to whomever would like them, shipped at my own expense to the first seven people interested who PM me.

Provided, they get it, review the stuff and tell people how comprehensive and well-organized it is.

I know, a lot of you, you're saying, "I have way more than 1.16 gigs of reference material on my computer. Why would I want yours?" Well, mine's just studio model pics, some CGI images and blueprints, maybe a few screencaps and a couple models done by y'all that I thought were so well done that it best represented the show's subject, it had to be included in my liabrary.

Besides, it's free.

I just like to do nice stuff for people. Think of it as me making you a pair of mittens or baking you a pan of brownies or something.

·
Starship Class
12,065 Posts
Dang, man!

I just saw this thread!

Count me in!

I can return the favor--might have some stuff you don't have--especially if there's anything in particular that you're interested in.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome!

hey, anything & everything!

·
Starship Class
12,065 Posts
:thumbsup:Soon as I get your CD, I'll take a look and see what you don't have and build up a CD ROM thereof for you. There may be some repeats but hopefully not too many.

·
Registered
5 Posts
please dont take offence but ive only joined today for the rc car side but thouroughly enraptured with this thread.

Ever since I saw a documentary on the making of the film 2001 where they said the model of Discovery was 52 ft long to get the slow fly past perspective of size.

Is this the sort of thing you guys are talking about ?

If so I would be interested just to explore my hidden passion on the sci front.

Tim

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is just a CD with a bunch of pictures of various studio models of sci fi subjects like the Enterprise or an X-Wing.

Like is someone wanted to know what the undercarriage of a 2002 stock Civic looked like, someone might have a shot of that.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't forget your shipping addresses in your PM's please.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Um, guys?

What do you do when you insert a CD and select all the stuff you want to put on it and select "Send to D:" but it pops the CD back out telling you ti insert another disk?

Nothing's been written to the CD and I tried formatting it. Nothing.

edit:

It won't even read. So much for playing Crysis.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought you were PMing tips about CD drive repair and troubleshooting.

oh well. I'll get them out as soon as I get this figured out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sounds like you got too much selected - it could actually be asking for a LARGER disk - I've seen this same message when I'm trying to write CD/DVD's but have selected a bit too much

One of the "wonderful features" of Microsnert - the bloody thing doesn't tell you what it really wants

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I managed to burn one, went out to the store for some cigs and tried again doing the same steps I've used a hundred times before. Nada.

tech support (in India) says my CD drive is toast. They'll be sending me a replacement. The thing's just over a year old.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HP was good enough to deliver me a brand spankin' new CD/DVD ROM drive. It got FedExed to me this afternoon. No later than half an hour later, someone's blank DVD & mailer arrived.

2 minutes and 45 seconds to go, Eric! :wave:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts