Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 480 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yep, that's right, the 1st ARCOR Paved Oval Worlds will be held on Freddies new paved oval track, July 7&8th, 2007. After much planning, we have the date/classes and it's for you to start planning.

We will be offering both brushed and brushless class.

BRUSHED: 4C Spec Truck, STOCK (handout motor class), Sportsman UB19T (handout motor class), Open Modified, max. 4300mH batteries, 1/12th UB19T (your own motor), and Indy cars.

BRUSH LESS: Sportsman Spec Truck 4300, Stock 13.5, Pro Stock 4300 and Modified

Freddie's new asphalt track will have a 350' run line, 9 degree banking and 25' wide lanes. Foam Tire Track. It should be AWESOME. There will be pitting inside and outside.

FLYER WILL BE READY FRIDAY.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
JB,
Does this take the place of the Firecracker Nats? This will be nice having this type of race so close to home!
Rick

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick,

Yes, the "Firecracker" is history. Time to move up in the "World".:lol:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sportsman UB18T (handout motor class).LOL,what,we got another new motor and class?!?!?! Good luck with this Judy!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sportsman UB18T (handout motor class).LOL,what,we got another new motor and class?!?!?! Good luck with this Judy!

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
JB, does ARCOR still support Nitro racing? I know you guys put a lot into it for a while, even developed the .09 AP motor class. The reason I ask is that Freddies track would be awesome for nitro and I did not see it mentioned in the classes offered. Thanks

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DK: A.D.D. fingers, fixed it thanks. I didn't know you stuttered??:jest: Also, Thanks on the race, to bad no one from our area travels outside the area, they are going to miss a good one.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Cliff:

Yes it would be an awesome track for Nitro, it was not offered because of noise restrictions, that's the only reason. :(

It will be a foam tire track. No handout tires.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
If this is the track I am thinking of, The owner is promoting 1/4 scale racing on his new asphalt track and they make a bunch of noise. I was just wondering. We were talking about going, Ohio has got to be cooler in July than Georgia, lol

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
For this being the 1st for the new track I felt keeping the noise down for the neighbors would be the polite thing to do. It is a quarter scale track, and for the 2nd annual world's in 2008 we will allow the nitro. Lets just get our feet wet. Not to worry it will be a great race :thumbsup:

JB asked about the nitro, and it was my call. I just felt walking before we ran would be prudent

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Our first race is scheduled for May 5th. Yes this is the track your thinking of. Like I mentioned before, it was discussed, and that was my decision. But thank you for showing your interest

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
FLYER IS READY! If you want an advanced PDF copy just drop an e-mail to

[email protected] Be sure to state flyer for the Worlds.

I hope to have it on the web site ASAP. As soon as the new web-site is done I will let you all know.:)

JB

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I have been asked in e-mails etc. to show pictures of the track. The track is under construction and you can watch the progress by going to www.freddiesasphaltoval.com

1 - 20 of 480 Posts