Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freddie's is going to do On-Road.

After having what I consider a lot of people in the last few week come into my store and ask about road course racing I have decided to start racing road course on Saturday's.

Starting this Saturday 1-13-07, we will devote the day to road course. If two people show, we will race two. We will run the same schedule as we do normally. Doors will open at 9:00 and racing starts at noon.

For those who have not been to our facility we try to carry all of your racing needs. As racers show up we will start putting in more things to fit the road course crowd. Freddie's is a place that is here to stay and will be here long after you stop racing. Come see why so many oval guys come to Freddie's and start bring your road racing here.

Any questions you can call the store or drop us an e-mail. Hope to see you on Saturday's

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goetz said:
Just in time...
yeah I agree I took it as a sarcastic remark at first, but then I figured it wasn't. Who knows what he meant by it. :confused:

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha :thumbsup:

This Saturday we will see. "One must walk before you run" < I read that in a fortune cookie once :)

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its on Ozite, WE use the road rail system whish I know some maya not be fond of. We can always change that. but the track is pool table smooth and it 71 by 28 wide makes for a nice techinal course.

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ITs CRC ozite the road rail system I think is cool. I need to get some more dots.

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know if you want to race road course just come. :eek:

Unbeleivable bring your car and WANT to have a good time and dont sweat the small stuff. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mackin said:
What exactly is the "road rail system"? Just curious.

chuck
Chuck,

It's a system that can be changed real quick. Plastic straight parts connected with round dots. Allows you to move and change quickly. Won't break cars when you hit it. You can probably find pictures on the web.

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will put a picture up of this Saturday's track and layout Thursday

·
Registered
959 Posts
Freddie,
Didn't mean to piss you off. Just asking a question. Always heard good things about your track. Sorry. Just wondering though, why the switch from sun to sat. We could have two places to race on a weekend. Looking forward to coming over to race and have some fun.

chuck

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really am not switching from Sunday to Saturday. After our championship race in 2006 the road course just dried up, guys stopped coming. Now I have heard there are tracks that don't know what there doing, tracks that don't support their racers with parts, time etc. I have a good oval program up and running on Sundays, I would of continued to run the road with the oval, but like I said it dried up. I thought maybe devoting a day to nothing but road course those guys could come and have their own day to themselves. The track would stay road all day there would be no hurrying, just a relaxing day of racing. Not to mention a hobby store that supports the racers in having what they need right there.

Lord knows I am open to race every Saturday and Sunday. There will be no skipping a week, on twice a month, or no Saturday this week Friday night that week, just a structured place to race is what I offer. I feel it will do just fine.

People have voiced their opinion they didn't like the road rail system, It was safer for the cars but then those guys who can't drive go right up and over and hit a guy coming from the other direction, problem. Any way you do something there will be good points and bad points we can taylor it with a good group of road guys once we get a solid base. Its not like I dont have the experierence.

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Doors open at 9, racing starts at noon, once we get a core group of guys we can talk about alternatives

1 - 20 of 190 Posts