Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sportsman Shootout @ Freddie's was originally scheduled for Oct 6 back in Jan. It has always been the first Saturday in Oct. The race date was changed to Oct 13th b/c Freddie was going to be out of town on Oct 6th. Things have changed and now Freddie is not going out of town. With Ohio weather the way it is in Oct Freddie feels the race should remain on its original date of Oct 6th.

The 6th Annual Sportsman Shootout will be held on October 6th.

Five years runnin', 5 different winners!
2007. Brent Gottfried
2008. Greg Hilber
2009. Scott George
2010. Rick Liehr
2011. John Cibella
2012. Could be you! Come get some!

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The track will be open for practice most of the week from 9 am to 6:30 pm. On Oct 6th there will be pre-tech early, then single car qualifying at noon sharp. There will be three 35 lap heat races and the A- main will be 200 laps like always. With post tech to follow.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
DARN IT!!! I planned on making it on the 13th. Its an off week for work but I have to be in Talledega for the truck series race:(
Bummer......we will be racing (reg saturday) on Oct 13th too. Come on over. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found out from Freddie yesterday that the Shootout list is getting bigger everyday.........This will be a tough race to win w/all the talented drivers coming. I can't wait to try. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like drivers from 6 states so far! :thumbsup:

Five years runnin', 5 different winners.

2007. Brent Gottfried

2008. Greg Hilber
2009. Scott George
2010. Rick Liehr
2011. John Cibella
2012. Could be you! Come get some! :)

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WSQSA ~ Steve Pfister's track? ..........Cool, I thought they closed up. Glad to hear they're still racing.

I hope u can make it to the Shootout. It's fast & fun. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The list is growing. :dude:

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Yes the list is growing, but with everything, family and work always come into play. If everyone came that has said they would come we could have close to 50 sportsman. It will make for one complete day of racing that is for sure. And we could be finishing up under the lights which is always nice.

Only time shall tell on the final car count. One thing will be for sure. Whoever wins this will have beet some of the best drivers in the country. Bragging rights for a year is always fun to have around the pits.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shoot... you mean i could have been bragging for the last year..?
oh well.

can anyone beat the 67?
Good question..The Rittman Rocket #67 is fast for sure. He has nowhere to go but down! LOL :eek:

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Received two calls yesterday of two more out of Towner’s making the trip for the Shootout !

It is getting interesting.

I also know there are about 5-8 of us making the trip down south the week after for a weekend of racing with the southern boys. Our season will be over and I get to relax for a change :) ahhhhhhh

I am bringing the blender :drunk: < will be every night :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I take it you have never raced @ Freddie's.................The more the merrier. Cya soon. :dude:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts