Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple shots of an Avanti I bought on the bay. This is a nice little model- very well made. I have the other side mirror for it, I just haven't reattached it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
Thanks for sharing zeb! :thumbsup:

I only have 5 or 6 Franklin Mint cars. I bought 2 of them at a Franklin Mint store that was at a local mall. The Franklin Mint store is no longer there. It was nice to go into the Franklin Mint store and just brouse (no high pressure salespeople). The other cars were bought at toy shows. I bought them at the toy shows because they were mint and the dealer sold them for $20-$25 each. The Franklin Mint 1/43 scale cars were $55 each for the '50's cars, and $65 each for the '60's cars in the Franklin Muint store. Just too much money for a 1/43 scale car that has a lot of plastic plarts on it.

I wish JL/RC2 would make 1/43 scale diecast cars that are realistic. No Marvel cars, etc.

If JL/RC2 can make a quality 1/24 scale diecast cast car that sells for $12.99 at TARGET or TRU, surely they can make a quality 1/43 scale car that sells for $8-$10. Muscle Cars would be a good start. Matchbox made them a while back, and were very nice. The price of about $30 made them not too popular.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid $18.00 plus shipping for this one. I think the total was around $23.00.

I agree about RC2 making a quality 1:43 scale line. They make a darned nice 1:24 scale line, and they could easily make an affordable 1:43 line. I thought PM's Magmas were okay. They could have been better, but I didn't mind them for what they were. I have several of them. I would bet that a 1:43 line by RC2 would sell well if they produced them with the quality that their 1:64 line has.

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
zeb41 said:
I paid $18.00 plus shipping for this one. I think the total was around $23.00.

I agree about RC2 making a quality 1:43 scale line. They make a darned nice 1:24 scale line, and they could easily make an affordable 1:43 line. I thought PM's Magmas were okay. They could have been better, but I didn't mind them for what they were. I have several of them. I would bet that a 1:43 line by RC2 would sell well if they produced them with the quality that their 1:64 line has.

I wonder if one of us started an O/T thread in the Johnny Lightning forum about RC2 making a 1/43 scale car would create an interest in this scale.

I'm going to start a thead over there now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts