Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent some time working on the new Frankenstein and thought I'd take a quick shot. I have the block wall just about finished and the base colors on the floor and the door. I got out my DVD copy of Frankenstein last night and watched it to see where this shot fits in the movie... it's the first time you actually see Frankenstein. Very cool for being 79 YEARS old!!! As I watched the movie I kept thinking that this really isn't all that bad of a likeness. Just my thoughts... enjoy!

- Denis

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
I am REALLY a fan of this kit! I spent ALOT of time last weekend at the Chiller show interacting with the folks visiting the Moebius booth and the reaction was OVERWHELMINGLY positive (I'm tempted to say it is a kit with UNIVERSAL appeal, but then I might have to send some one a check, so I will resist...:rolleyes:). I have owned ALOT of Frank kits over the years (my personal fave is the Horizon) but this one REALLY reminds me of the Billiken.
I have NOT gotten a chance to start a build, but the engineering on Moebius figures keeps getting better (Dave, you are "DA MAN"!). Just the sheer number of build-up photos already out there on a kit barely two weeks in release should be an indicator of how easily assembled and seamed this puppy is! Can't wait to see paint on this Denis!
Tom

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Tom, I agree, this is an excellent engineered and easy to assemble model! The really cool part is to see how each individual approaches the painting. I have always painted Frankenstein with a green cast to his skin tones, after seeing Dave Fishers' model, I'm thinking about a more natural color pallet. We'll see....

- Denis

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actual, this exact scene isnt in the movie.
The cover of the new FRANKENSTEIN kit shows a publicity shot
taken while they filmed the movie.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actual, this exact scene isnt in the movie.
The cover of the new FRANKENSTEIN kit shows a publicity shot
taken while they filmed the movie.
That's true... the scene in the movie is very similar, but not exactly the same. Thanks! - Denis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts