Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Frankenstein replacement base WIP new pics 2/1/07

Greetings and salutation. Posted some new pics. Off and running on another replacement base this time for the Aurora Frankenstein kit. The nameplate is provided courtesy of Fritz Frising. Look under the This & That section:

http://www.geocities.com/midnightman_12/nightowlspixpage.html

Comments & questions always welcome.

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
LIKE IT ! That's a new and different look for that kit.
Dabbler

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I thought Franky needed a change of scenery. I think the figure works as well in the 3/4 pose as the classic straight on pose.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
aw man Rick , that is looking great . i have on order the new Glenn Strange set from Tom Parker so this base will make it a really cool custom job .
be sure and let me know when you get 'em up and running .
loved the Dracula base ( working on it right now as a matter of fact ) .
hb

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks HB! I'll add you to the list. I've got one of the GS sets on order as well. Got a few customizing ideas myself. Be sure to post some pics of Dracula when you finish him up.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings. Posted a couple more recent photos under the This & That section. Last I'll be able to post for a couple weeks while my camera goes off to Canon for repairs. Anyway the nameplate is finished and I've added the partial archway. Thought making it a seperate piece might make the casting a bit easier. If all goes well I hope to have this wrapped up later this month.

http://www.geocities.com/midnightman_12/nightowlspixpage.html

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
WOW! Another great build, Night-Owl!! Of course, I wouldn't have expected any less!! You have consistently impressed me with your builds!! :thumbsup:

Wayne

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Excellent work, Rick! I like it even more than your Drac base (which I like, too, and have not had a chance to work on yet since WF).

Whatcha got in mind for the Wolf Man? Come on, we all know you're thinking it...the tree addition helps but he needs a whole new base! :)

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
frankenstyrene said:
Whatcha got in mind for the Wolf Man? Come on, we all know you're thinking it...the tree addition helps but he needs a whole new base! :)
Gotta admit Rick, he's right. so far you've batted two out of the park, and most people agree that the Wolf Man base is one of the, if not THE weakest of the Aurora bases...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The Aurora Wolf Man always struck me as kinda a generic, fairytale-type werewolf more than anything else...maybe a base fitting that setting might be interesting? Gingerbread house? I dunno, ain't up on my Grimm's.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the great feedback everyone! Okay, the thought of a new base for The Wolfman has crossed my mind... once or twice. I've had a couple different ideas. The obvious would be something close to the box art with a tree. The other would be a graveyard style base.

The next project I'm working on however will be an add-on for the upcoming Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde kit. A shelf with some bottles & books and an extra floor piece to add a bit of space.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts