Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my tribute to the four foot X-wing that was made,but never appeared in Return of the Jedi. This was a pet project made by Ira Keeler and Mike Fulmar. This was seen by Lorne Peterson ( ILM modelshop master at the time),and it was shown to George Lucas. It was decided to film it,but it was never used. Lorne Peterson recalls "We filmed it,but it was too blurry to be usable for the small details we wanted. It would've been too expensive to reshoot it for no longer than it was to be on screen."

This has been a true labour of love. I've been working on this since May of this year,but it has been in the planning stages for a year now. I had to start over from scratch when I found out it was too small! I got the wrong dimensions for this from a fan based web site. The known kit parts for this didn't fit to the scale. I had a good friend on another forum (that is now defunct) go to the exhibition in Australia where is was being displayed and get the true measurements for it. Now all the parts fit in the correct scale.

I'm in the finishing stages of the engine housings right now,but I hope to have more to show soon. These are the photos I have from the first stages to present day. I hope you'll all enjoy them and follow this to the end with me. :wave:

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is my tribute to the four foot X-wing that was made,but never appeared in Return of the Jedi. This was a pet project made by Ira Keeler and Mike Fulmar. This was seen by Lorne Peterson ( ILM modelshop master at the time),and it was shown to George Lucas. It was decided to film it,but it was never used. Lorne Peterson recalls "We filmed it,but it was too blurry to be usable for the small details we wanted. It would've been too expensive to reshoot it for no longer than it was to be on screen."

This has been a true labour of love. I've been working on this since May of this year,but it has been in the planning stages for a year now. I had to start over from scratch when I found out it was too small! I got the wrong dimensions for this from a fan based web site. The known kit parts for this didn't fit to the scale. I had a good friend on another forum (that is now defunct) go to the exhibition in Australia where is was being displayed and get the true measurements for it. Now all the parts fit in the correct scale.

I'm in the finishing stages of the engine housings right now,but I hope to have more to show soon. These are the photos I have from the first stages to present day. I hope you'll all enjoy them and follow this to the end with me. :wave:
Could not see any photos? If you need any electronics drop me any email! Randy Neubert / VoodooFX

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for your interest,but please don't use my thread to advertise you products! I'm aware of your business - no advert is neccessary. My father was a computer programmer,and an electronics expert. I do my own wiring and I too make and sell lighting kits for all my projects and models I sell. Photos now posted.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts