Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in South Carolina this past week and visited one of several flea markets. Some vendor had a plastic tote of older and newer Hotwheels all for a dollar. I rummaged through the bin and found 3 of the 4 199? ( don't remember the year ) Blue Streak Series. The Nissan Truck was missing. Went on EBay and actually one it for $2.50! Apparently, this was the hardest one in the series to find. Go figure.:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I got the whole set at a toy show for $1 each ($4 total).. yup the value of them has gone way down. The 442 used to be a $10 car.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
I got the whole set at a toy show for $1 each ($4 total).. yup the value of them has gone way down. The 442 used to be a $10 car.
Are these cars still carded?
Values are so subject to what the person wants to pay for it.
Having said that, looking at a few different palces, the Olds was, according to a few places, about $5.00 or so. The real high price items ( over $25 ) from that series is the black base 55 Chevy and the chrome base Speed Blaster.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you were lucky to get the Nissan for $2.50. I still put it at $15.00 and they are hard to find. The Blue Steak series was 1997 .
Yeah, I thought so too. I didn't really think I was gonna win it. There was only one other bidder. He probably forgot about it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts