Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a special chase or something? I thought maybe since the car is like a gold chrome and the card shows a black car. I am not familiar with JL's, but thought someone here could help. I can always use good trade material so I picked it up just in case.

If it is a chase, anyone have a value for it?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It should be silver chrome, and it's just the first issue of that casting. JL did that in '08, the first issue of a new casting was done in chrome. Cool find though.:wave:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. now that you mention it, is a silver chrome. I had to get it right up under my light to see. So its not worth more than what I paid? Too bad.

This car is actually very cool looking. One of the better 80's muscle cars from high school. Always loved them.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Yeah that's pretty much worth whatcha paid, there are still Classic Gold's at my local Meijer painted in the chrome that are still warming the pegs. I'll take it off your hands, though, if you don't want it! :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Today (Dec.19) TRU parking lot looked like.... welll.... a parking lot (wall to wall cars). This must be a close 2nd to Black Friday. The last weekend before Christmas.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today (Dec.19) TRU parking lot looked like.... welll.... a parking lot (wall to wall cars). This must be a close 2nd to Black Friday. The last weekend before Christmas.

Retailers call today "super saturday". It is actually a bigger sale day money wise than black friday. I did retail for 20 years and believe, after the door busters are gone on black friday, you see a let down in business...not that it still isn't swamped though. Today and tomorrow aim to be the biggest 2 dyas of the year.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Is this a special chase or something? I thought maybe since the car is like a gold chrome and the card shows a black car. I am not familiar with JL's, but thought someone here could help. I can always use good trade material so I picked it up just in case.

If it is a chase, anyone have a value for it?
I remembered this post when I passed up 2 of these today at TRU. Don't remember what the cars were specifically, but they got left on the pegs. :freak:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saw a dodge dart like this at sears yesterday. I passed on it now that I know more about them. Who wants to trade for it? I paid $5.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts