Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I liked the "lil deuce" the best out of the two (So of course, my wife claimed that one as her own!)

I know they're tyco, but otherwise, I've never seen this chassis before. They have "Do Not Use on 12 Volt System" on 'em. Can anyone tell me any more about them? - I thought I owned (or had at least seen) a fair number of the varied Tycos - these may be more common than the mattyco $3 chassis for all I know, but they're new ones on me!

Happy Canada Day from up here in the frigid north! :wave: (only 32º today - that's celsius - 89.6 degrees Fahrenheit!)

john

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
very cool cars, there are parts of that chassis that resemble several others. like the motor using bare springs for motor brushes on the commutator. and the pick up shoe system. cannot put my finger on where I have seen then before, but they are familiar.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Are those the chassis that came in the "Battery" powered sets? They look close

Very nice find, I have seen the "Duce" go for $40+ on the bay. The Mclaren is a nice find as well, definitely both keepers

Boosted

·
Registered
476 Posts
Great find, those have Tyco's Hustler chassis which was made for battery operated use only. You can definitely tell by those commutators. Both of them are correct to have that chassis under them. The Lil Deuce Chappy 2G and the Mclaren M8F #5 look nice.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, thanks guys!

So i probably'd be better off setting these chassis on a shelf, rather than try to get them running on my track (seeing as how they'd probably just burn up anyway!) Now I'm gonna have to find the TYCO Hustlers track set to go with 'em!

john

1 - 7 of 7 Posts