Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a Hobby Shop today on a hot tip from a fellow Hobby Talker, and they recently got a shipment of the all new "Dukes" cars. Found two of the "dirty" Gen. Lee's and thought it was cool how they were different from each other (one had a lot more "dirt" than the other) and was all set to buy them both........... until I got to the counter.

Six Ninety Eight a piece :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

O U C H ! ! !

Fourteen bucks for two lousy Johnnies???? Sorry, not even from a Hobby Shop, my friend.

They had a bunch of older Johnnies as well, at $4.98 each

The clerk (once he got done yapping on the phone with his buddy :mad: ) told me that they pull the whites because the owner "is a collector". I asked if he visited HT, but the clerk didn't seem to have heard of it.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
At those prices, I'd have left them too. Sad reality is though that there are probably customers out there that will pay the price.

Well scratch that store off the route!

·
Registered
893 Posts
thats nothing, the shop around here wants to sell as a complete set. Refuses to separately sell any of them. $50 for the whole set. Is that fair for them to do ?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
carnut2256 said:
The clerk told me that they pull the whites because the owner "is a collector".
That figures. I wonder what he charges for the whites if he's scamming 7 bucks for the regulars :drunk:

·
Registered
779 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Came across a Hobby Shop today on a hot tip from a fellow Hobby Talker, and they recently got a shipment of the all new "Dukes" cars. Found two of the "dirty" Gen. Lee's and thought it was cool how they were different from each other (one had a lot more "dirt" than the other) and was all set to buy them both........... until I got to the counter.

Six Ninety Eight a piece :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

O U C H ! ! !

Fourteen bucks for two lousy Johnnies???? Sorry, not even from a Hobby Shop, my friend.

They had a bunch of older Johnnies as well, at $4.98 each

The clerk (once he got done yapping on the phone with his buddy :mad: ) told me that they pull the whites because the owner "is a collector". I asked if he visited HT, but the clerk didn't seem to have heard of it.
MILEZONE has the set for $29.99 OLD gets my business again. :dude:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow,after reading that the store wants 7.00 bucks for one,I don't feal so bad paying 4.99 CDN at my local hobby store.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Fourteen bucks for two lousy Johnnies???? Sorry, not even from a Hobby Shop, my friend. They had a bunch of older Johnnies as well, at $4.98 each...
You would be surprised how much I had to fight just to get it down to "reasonable" prices back at the old place that I used to work at. Heck, if I didn't work there, they would have been selling Johnnies at what was then FULL PRICE. :drunk:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
We have only 1 hobby store in my area and all they sell are 1:24 scale model's, different scale train layout items (figures, buildings, greenery, etc.), remote control odds and ends, but no diecast in sight.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Well, Rich, I knew the older Johnnies were $5.00, but I didn't realize the Dukes cars were 7. Probably because they didn't interest me enough to check. So did you pick up any older cars?

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ECchopper said:
Well, Rich, I knew the older Johnnies were $5.00, but I didn't realize the Dukes cars were 7. Probably because they didn't interest me enough to check. So did you pick up any older cars?
Nothing there that interested me that I didn't already have. If you have some holes in your collection, might be worth stopping by, but no great or unusual series to be had IMO. all in all, a fun stop though. Thanks for the tip ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I thought I overpaid by a little when I found them for $5 each at one hobby store I like to visit. I only bought the police car and a dirty general lee,would have bought a clean general lee but the only one that was there had a paint defect on the fender.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
MoparNut360 said:
I thought I overpaid by a little when I found them for $5 each at one hobby store I like to visit. I only bought the police car and a dirty general lee,would have bought a clean general lee but the only one that was there had a paint defect on the fender.
Not a defect. Look close. that scratch was done by Boss Hog, Episode 126 by the spur on his left cowboy boot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts