Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
no offense mike but it seems like you are doing nothing but defending this guy instead of looking out for fellow collectors.
If you believe that then you are sadly mistaken and obviously have no clue. Watching out for others is fine but to a point. Sometimes you need to just let it go and let others make their own decisions. Just because one deal went bad doesn't mean they all will.

Until someone informs me that the Terms Of Service on Hobbytalk have changed, it's perfectly OK to post finds and then put them up for sale, whether you guys like it or not. This member is not the first person to operate like this and won't be the last. Pretending you are saving the world from bad dealers is just kidding yourself.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Sometimes you need to just let it go and let others make their own decisions. Just because one deal went bad doesn't mean they all will.
correct but it does let others know what they might be getting into!
if i ripped you off $100 does it mean that i will do it to the next guy? no but if i did it in the past wouldn't you be happy to know that someone posted to let you know in the event that you were going to deal with me? i just don't understand how you believe others should enter at their own risk when dealing with someone when others can let you know they have had bad dealings with people? explain how that is looking out for a fellow collector???

CTWLSMIKE said:
Until someone informs me that the Terms Of Service on Hobbytalk have changed, it's perfectly OK to post finds and then put them up for sale, whether you guys like it or not. This member is not the first person to operate like this and won't be the last.
it is perfectly ok to post finds and sell them but what is the point to have 20 people congratulate you on finds when you have no intent but to sell them? just list them in the e-bay forum and get it over with. we are just letting him know how we feel about his business practices. i thought we could speak our minds here just as you are??

CTWLSMIKE said:
Pretending you are saving the world from bad dealers is just kidding yourself.
i don't think any of us are pretending to save the world from bad dealers but i would be happy if i saved just one. some people are obviously out for themselves and could care less what happens to other members. :rolleyes: i know i would be very thankful if someone saved me from entering in a potential bad trade or buy.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
BOOGIEVANMAN said:
I don't understand the issue if he chooses to sell them, THEY ARE HIS CARS. So you can only post finds if your going to keep them ? I found 2 WL 1/24 , I have no intention of keeping them, so I shouldn't have posted that ? Gimme a break.
boogie, your missing the point of everone's posts. he can sell as he likes. he came here to indescreetly advertise his finds to sell them. he screwed me and the members just wanted to let others be known of what type of guy he is to deal with. ;)

i have put some whites on ebay shortly after i have found them simply b/c they are not what i collect and could not bring in on trade the car or cars i want but i certainly don't post here expecting a pat on the back if my intent is just to sell them for a profit. i will then use the money i have made on them to buy the cars on my want list. i always offer them up for trade for a week or two before i decide to sell. again, that isn't the key issue behind everyones posts.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
BOOGIEVANMAN said:
I don't understand the issue if he chooses to sell them, THEY ARE HIS CARS. So you can only post finds if your going to keep them ? I found 2 WL 1/24 , I have no intention of keeping them, so I shouldn't have posted that ? Gimme a break.
The main issue is not the reselling of the cars. (although it is one in this instance). The main issue was with a prior dealing with a member of HT. Thats the main issue here.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
As for giving heads up on bad dealings, that is what the trader ratings are for. Post your feedback there and be done with it. You can even link your feedback comments to the thread. That's all the heads up someone should need. However, just because your deal went bad with him doesn't mean all his dealings will go bad. If the member only signed up for the purpose of ripping people off then by all means send up all the red flags and fire away, but it doesn't appear to be the case here.

As for posting finds only to list them on e-bay, it is perfectly fine to do it. Whether you agree with it or not does not matter. I don't like it either (also irrelevant) but it is part of our community and you need to accept it as I have.

I won't dignify your apparent characterization of my comments with a response.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am not going to go back and forth on this subject like i did the last time so pewter you can and anyone else can bash me all you want (i dont care). I never said ANYTHING about selling these cars on<a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1606754&mpre=http%3A//www.ebay.com"> eBay!</a>................you did......you even posted a link to my auctions. I post to simply let people know what is being found and i already went over the whole s&s board in the last post but i will say it again, Unless you have something that i need for my 1:1 '64 impala or an impala W/L that i do not have (which i doubt you do) then there is no need to offer this for trade.

And as far as our dealing goes, you are out to try to run my name into the ground and you seem to have a couple people that fell in line with you all because of one transaction......how about the more than 2,000 other people that have been MORE THAN HAPPY with my transactions?????? you seem to ALWAYS fail to mention those dont you?

I have sold on<a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1606754&mpre=http%3A//www.ebay.com"> eBay!</a> for more than 7 years and have a 99.3% feedback and TONS of return buyers who email me all the time asking if i can get this or if i can get that because they know they can trust me.

heres a link to my feedback and if anyone has anything to question about me or the way i handle the people that i sell to then just look at the over 2,000 people that have had nothing but GOOD THINGS to say about me.....................Why listen to one person???????????????????

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=the*hotwheels*hottie

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
You forgot to mention the other 15 negative feedbacks and at least 7 or so neutral feedbacks. Not a very spotless record, even with over 2000 transactions

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
YELLOWBRONC,

I never said it was spotless but with 2,855 positives, 16 negatives and 7 neutrals i would say thats pretty damn good for over 7 years of business. 1 of my neutrals and 1 of my negs were from 2 guys who were color blind and thought they were getting a different color (1 a hat & 1 the h.w golf cart from years ago)

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
THAINFAMOUS1 said:
YELLOWBRONC,

I never said it was spotless but with 2,855 positives, 16 negatives and 7 neutrals i would say thats pretty damn good for over 7 years of business. 1 of my neutrals and 1 of my negs were from 2 guys who were color blind and thought they were getting a different color (1 a hat & 1 the h.w golf cart from years ago)
so you only screw one in roughly every 136 people you deal with? you are acting like we are all out to to make you look bad. you did that yourself when you wouldn't own up to your negligence in our deal,not me! you didn't even attempt to make things right. you didn't want to hear it and told me to get bent. why should we expect you to be different with anyone else?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
so you only screw one in roughly every 136 people you deal with? you are acting like we are all out to to make you look bad. you did that yourself when you wouldn't own up to your negligence in our deal,not me! you didn't even attempt to make things right. you didn't want to hear it and told me to get bent. why should we expect you to be different with anyone else?

because 2,855 different people speak louder than you pewter thats why!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
THAINFAMOUS1 said:
because 2,855 different people speak louder than you pewter thats why!!!!!!
Just face it, you made a mistake and did not even try to correct it. Second, your immature behavior on how you originally reacted to the posts shows what kind of person you really are. Nothing is going to get rectified, so there is no use even fighting about it. But, if you do, take it to email please. Your best bet is not to post your finds because you know these kind of replies will happen. Sell them privately on the Swap and Sell or post your links in the Diecast Auction Links forum.

And, for future record, if a customer complains about an item that is not mint, correct the problem. In a business, you should do whatever you have to for 100% customer satisfaction. I am a Power Seller on E-Bay with 2500+ transactions and the few times when something got damaged in the mail or I made a mistake on my part, I did whatever was necessary to resolve the problem and make the customer happy (even if they did not purchase insurance). Additionally, the only three negatives I have are from bidders that retaliated because I gave them negative feedback since they did not pay within the specified time I stated in the auction.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts