Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Before everyone hurts their arms patting this guy on the back, please read this thread (especially before you rush to buy it on the 'Bay, where it inevitibly is going to end up):

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=177713

This is the guy who screwed Pewter (Chris) on the busted "Head To Head" set for $78, and told him to pretend that it was a low rider. He also blasted Chris' e-mail with a bunch of spam as well. Read his replies to Chris' thread, posted right here on HT.

Did you ever get squared away with Chris, Steve????

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Before everyone hurts their arms patting this guy on the back, please read this thread (especially before you rush to buy it on the 'Bay, where it inevitibly is going to end up):

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=177713

This is the guy who screwed Pewter (Chris) on the busted "Head To Head" set for $78, and told him to pretend that it was a low rider. He also blasted Chris' e-mail with a bunch of spam as well. Read his replies to Chris' thread, posted right here on HT.

I was just going to post that this is the same guy and saw your post. I hope everything got squared away with Chris too.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
carnut2256 said:

Personally Rich it's really not necessary for you to police this but you seem to be trying to be the internet police all the time. (see turkeyfootcreek for my reference, among others.) There's no need to dredge this up to me he's posting a find and why can't you leave it at that? Let Chris and Steve handle it, they are big boys.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Personally Rich it's really not necessary for you to police this but you seem to be trying to be the internet police all the time. (see turkeyfootcreek for my reference, among others.) There's no need to dredge this up to me he's posting a find and why can't you leave it at that? Let Chris and Steve handle it, they are big boys.
I agree, but understand why Rich posted it - he doesn't want it to happen to anyone else, which is why I was about to post before I saw his. The main problem, however, is that issues like the one between Chris and Hotwheels Hottie should be solved personally via email and not brought publically on a forum to fight.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
FastC6Vette said:
I agree, but understand why Rich posted it - he doesn't want it to happen to anyone else, which is why I was about to post before I saw his. The main problem, however, is that issues like the one between Chris and Hotwheels Hottie should be solved personally via email and not brought publically on a forum to fight.
Agreed James, I don't want it to happen to anyone else either, but there is a fine line between public awareness, and nuisance.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Agreed James, I don't want it to happen to anyone else either, but there is a fine line between public awareness, and nuisance.
As far as Turkey Foot goes Mike, I wasn't trying to be the "police" on that one, I was concerned that they might have misrepresented their auction to me (and anyone else who bought a set from them). I wanted to know for certain, not "blow the whistle" on them.

PM sent regarding that other matter.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
when i began my post on that matter, no names were mentioned. i was simply looking for advice on what others would do and how they would feel if they were in my situation. nobody sided with thainfamous1's AKA hotwheels hottie AKA real name steve griffin. it was then he exposed himself and spewed his crap insisting i was in the wrong and i should just grin and eat it by basically telling me to get bent.

i doubt rich is trying to be the internet police. he is just looking out for fellow collectors to make sure they don't end up delaing with a POS like this guy. i see nothing wrong with that. in fact, i wish more members were brave enough to let others know about this type of stuff instead of playing the hush hush to avoid friction between board members. maybe if there were more members who spoke up about this type of stuff, less people would get screwed??? read the thread about gofastracing! it is funny how one guy posts a thread about how he got screwed by this guy than a slew of other people chimed in about how they got screwed by him too, knew of him screwing other people or knew what type of guy he was. maybe if they would have made a post similar to rich's, that guy would have known what type of person he was dealing with and wouldn't have gotten screwed!

as for you who are wondering if steve ever even attempted to make things right.... the last i heard from him was in that thread in which he told me to get bent and pretend it is a low rider and that i should act like it isn't a big deal.

rich is also correct that there is no need for a pat on this guys back as these cars will probably end up on e-bay along with everything else he finds so buyer beware on a seller named the*hotwheels*hottie. he will post his finds here with no intent on keeping them but to raise awareness that they wil be available for a low opening bid???

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
My final word on the matter, there are others who have come here and posted items solely meant for resale. There were times where they were heckled and berated, but this activity was deemed to be inappropriate. If someone posts a find, either post something positive or move on if you don't like it. Use PM or Email to warn people who might deal with them, but to me posting ill will or hashing up prior dealings on a new thread can be viewed as unnecessarily inflammatory.

And just in case I wasn't clear, I am not trying to defend this person's prior dealings by any means, only his right to post threads. Last I checked he wasn't banned.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
If someone posts a find, either post something positive or move on if you don't like it. Use PM or Email to warn people who might deal with them, but to me posting ill will or hashing up prior dealings on a new thread can be viewed as unnecessarily inflammatory.
And just in case I wasn't clear, I am not trying to defend this person's prior dealings by any means, only his right to post threads. Last I checked he wasn't banned.
no offense mike but it seems like you are doing nothing but defending this guy instead of looking out for fellow collectors. can you please let us know how anyone is supposed to know who might deal with this guy so that we can PM or email them? i think that opportunity is open to the whole board or who reads this thread. i also have to ask you if you would post up if you knew someone ripped someone else off and saw that person advertising more stuff??
i don't see how posting anything that was already said here is deemed unnecessary or inflammatory. IMO, those guys are just looking out for everyone. if you don't want to be treated like a jerk then don't act like one. as said earlier, i wish more members did such as it might save someone else from getting screwed and might have saved people from getting screwed in the past. why should we pretend that there isn't people on the board like this guy??? is it just to avoid conflict even though you might be helping out a fellow collector???? no offense but it seems like you just want to live in a fantasy world where it appears nothing ever goes wrong on this board or the stuff that did go wrong should just be forgotten and kept in the past even though you might help someone down the road.

it would be different if this guy made good on his end and corrected his wrong doing or at least tried to. then i cold understand that there is no need to make posts informing members of the events that took place in the past. this guy has not and has no intentions to. i am glad that at least some now know what type of guy he is. i am glad that rich and fastc6 also let others know who might not have seen the last thread. if i saved one fellow collector the grief of dealing with this guy after all this, it was well worth it.

as for those who gave this guy a congrats and pat on the pack, hold off and congratulate him after the listings end. :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHITE-LIGHTNING-COCA-COLA-50-FORD-F-1-PICKUP-1-OF-100_W0QQitemZ190102770603QQihZ009QQcategoryZ19045QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHITE-LIGHTNING-GOLD-SERIES-1969-OLDSMOBILE-CUTLASS-442_W0QQitemZ190102769873QQihZ009QQcategoryZ19045QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
230 Posts
MY question from the comments i have read is why show stuff you have found if it's only to advertise because it seems to be what is being said. Because there is a location on this web site that is a trade and sell area an you can but pics there as well. To me that would the proper place to show them because it comes across to me from what i'm hearing that this gentlemen doesn't collect the pieces he just sells them.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
airforcevet said:
MY question from the comments i have read is why show stuff you have found if it's only to advertise because it seems to be what is being said. Because there is a location on this web site that is a trade and sell area an you can but pics there as well. To me that would the proper place to show them because it comes across to me from what i'm hearing that this gentlemen doesn't collect the pieces he just sells them.
i agree 100%! why come here and post stuff you immediately plan to sell? the answer is to advertise! there are forums for e-bay and swap and sell. notice how he didn't offer these up for sale or trade to the board members on the S&S forum??? he also didn't post them right in the e-bay forum simply because it would be very clear his only intent to post on this board is to sell his stuff and he knows most people here hate scalpers! he did it indiscreetly by showing them off so those who are interested in them will get a pm or email from him with links to his e-bay listings. :rolleyes:
at least the olds looks mint and isn't a pretend lowrider! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
In fairness to Mike, his point was simply that the guy had only posted a "look what I found" thread, and that I shouldn't have been so quick to remind people what this guy did to Chris, since they hadn't been listed for sale yet. Mike had a point, except that this guy's history is to post a "look what I found" thread as a "teaser" and then promptly put them on the 'Bay, which again isn't such a bad thing in itself.

It's the fact that this guy ripped off Chris, and then posted here like a jerk, that made me see what was coming and remind people who he is; before another HT member either puts himself on the line with this guy or - if the deal does go through successfuly - put good money in the pockets of someone who so blatently ripped off a fellow HT member.

I can see Mike's points, but I suspect now he may see ours as well.

Bid at your own risk.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts