Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these old cars in Walmart..... This is the second time its happened where they stalk a little bit of the pegs with old carded cars.

CLICK ON PICS TO INLARGE

:thumbsup: ---Midnightrun--- :wave:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Nice! Never ceases to amaze me what you can find. I was in a grocery store that was remodeling, they found a few 1999 First Editions under a shelf. Nothing spectacular but they sure looked odd hanging among cars 7 years newer.

·
Banned
76 Posts
I wish I could return mine. I have around 3000 I would like to get my money back on. Problem is you can't even get 50 cents a car anymore.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
tcjlooker said:
I wish I could return mine. I have around 3000 I would like to get my money back on. Problem is you can't even get 50 cents a car anymore.
good point. it's also a good example of what happens. A lot of guys here realize it after a few years.

a current example of a few guys here, new-er-bies, or just as a single example that you can see right now, Mr redline__whatever.... posting finds, and they are like 4 or 5 of the same car, just regular mailine-FE stuff...or even in more recent years, these classics, flying customs etc.....at 3 to 4 bucks a pop....and they will be posting somewhere in a few years that they have like 1000 to 3000 cars they want to sell, and u wont get squat for them.

but I guess it's whatever makes u happy at the moment, just remember, it's no investment for the future.
..and I still don't get the collecting of like 10 or 20 of exactly the same car :confused:
I can see maybe 3 or 4, one to keep in package, maybe 1 or 2 for customs, and 1 orig. loose... it's like getting like 20 copies of the same record or CD...is there any other collecting hobby where people do this? ...even sports cards, maybe old ones, but that hobby has gone way downhill where stuff isn't worth hardly anything anymore. Once in a while, you'll see a picture of someone displaying his or her collection, and a comment from collectors or non-collectors alike will be, look, he's got like 20 of that same exact thing, that's pretty stupid...

(sorry, long read, already had 2 cups of coffe this morn!)

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
tcjlooker said:
I have over 5000 that I don't want anymore. It's a shame, I ran from store to store buying them like a lot of other collectors. Now what do I do with them?

I'm done with Hot Wheels, except for a certain few cars that catch my eye, or Treasure Hunts. I'll keep my 1995 JC Penney sets and some of the other Treasure Hunts that I have. Hopefully in 2007 I'll weed out a lot of Hot Wheels.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I need to eventually go through all the cars i have to see what i really want to keep and what i can RAOK people or box up for kids or charity.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Over the years I've handed out hw's at halloween, gave them to kids hospital and now I have a nephew I have given him a box....AND I STILL HAVE 7 BOXES OF DOUBLES!!! I think collecting hw's is like a cold beer on a hot day. The anticipation of going to the store to get beer, the opening of the beer, the taste of the beer of going down. The only difference is at least after having a beer, the empty bottle is worth 10 cents more than the hw.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Didn't Mattel produce the 3 billionth Hot Wheel about 4-5 months ago?..I would think that anyone (and there are lots of us) who has loaded up on these cars is in for a rude awakening when they are looking to thin out their collection.

The time and energy involved (not to mention the $$$) hunting for all the different variants etc. just doesn't seem like it's worth it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts