Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by Target here in Md. (near DC) and found an assortment of new JLs in their new packaging. $3.99 a pop. I picked up a Classic Gold Futura done up in black, like Batman's ride. I broke two of my collecting rules: getting a black car and getting plastic tires. The silver highlights and greenish tint to the cockpit window are nice. I could really smell the paint apps when I took it out of the package. Sweet.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I picked one up the other day, with the canopy flopping around.:freak:

that's ok though,a Futura is a Futura :p

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I picked up a weird white one !:jest: I did get a black one to go with it. Now if someone has a 71 Cuda S10 to swap that would be cool. But I don't mind keeping it being the first of the new packages...

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I have found three of those and only one has come home with me. I wanted the real wheel one but the two I found had something wrong with it(messed up wheel'loose canopy) I have settled for the plastic wheel one. Someday I will figure out how to do a wheel swap :tongue:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I finally saw a JL in new packaging yesterday as WM.
Along with the new packaging came the new increased price to almost $4.

Seems like I remember last year that Muscle Machines 5th anniv. cars changed over to the new clamshell packaging, however, they didn't raise their prices! I guess that blows away the argument that price increases are due to the new packaging!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
The Target near me doesn't have any of the new stuff. The WM across the street has had the one and only Torino on the pegs for the more than a week, and the infamous 1/24 purple Challenger that is on the shelf but you can't buy.

The WM was restocking the changed around pegs this morning, but no new JL getting put out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts