Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Short refresher: I found the Ford Shelby GR-1 TH last week at Target and a '69 Chevelle SS TH at a Dollar Tree.

Today has been a very good day for me. I hit the local wallys and K-mart to see what I could find [they are basically across the street from each other in my town]. I found not only my THIRD treasure hunt, but my FOURTH treasure hunt as well!

The far left shows my wally world haul. They put out an unmolested virgin bin before I arrived. I will keep one of the Dan Wheldon and one of the F430 TH for myself and trade the rest for other cars.

The far right shows what I found on newly stocked pegs at k-mart. I found my first Knight Rider in the wild as well as the Lil' Red Express. Then I looked up at the very top shelf above the pegs and saw random hotwheels sitting there. I looked through them and found the first '69 Vette TH! Then I saw an opened case next to the loose cars and dug through that. That's when I found the second '69 TH! The middle are mainlines that I picked up for my collection. Found the Hurst 442, the new black Torino Talladega and the green '70 Charger R/T.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Pretty cool. The Malibu that comes in the Wheldon case was missing but the rest is great.

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
I would like to see 1 of those Wheldon cars. I found a Malibu on a short card and am still wondering if I missed the Wheldon car.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
You can say what you want but I don't believe THs are at all rare by release numbers. They only appear to be rare because there is always that one guy coming along who cleans out the whole thing before anyone else. I'm very glad to have a good range of stuff like Siku in my area that isn't so overrun by trade bait collectors.

·
Premium Member
9,395 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts