Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-visited a store I hadnt been to in awhile, knowing they had some diecast.

Found this locked in a glass case.

Definitely a red line. Asked counter person if I could see it. Flipped it over and the price tag said $20.
Little too pricey IMO for the condition. Pics were taken through the glass with
my phone.
Found more diecast in the store Ill post later.

Thanks for Lookin !!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
$20 looks to be a little high in its state of condition... Looks to be a $10 Car from the pics you took. Redlines can be tough to price as many factors come into play in what to look for.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Pretty cool, but $20 does seem high. 20 New Zealand dollars would be a great price though apparently. ;)

I miss antique and curio shops, I haven't been to one in years. The Midwest is great for those.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Love that car. I was lucky enough to get this, my first real redline since I was a kid, for $12.00 at the flea market.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Yeah, 20 bucks is way off base... There are a few antique shops cloe by and their prices are through the roof on most of their stuff... The one guy has an old original MB case with the 2 drawers in it and 3 ragged cars... Case is ripped both sides and the cardboard dividers are gone... Price tag is $150.00... Dude is nuts... It's been there for over a year and a half !!!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Twenty bucks is way off base for that.They made a bazillion of them.Maybe five bucks.

Still deals to be had in those places tho.

Got a pretty close to mint purple Beatnick Bandit redline last week fminus the engine for five bucks last week amongst a few others.

Put an engine in it from one I had in my beater redline box,and as good as new.

Mike

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Yeah, 20 bucks is way off base... There are a few antique shops cloe by and their prices are through the roof on most of their stuff... The one guy has an old original MB case with the 2 drawers in it and 3 ragged cars... Case is ripped both sides and the cardboard dividers are gone... Price tag is $150.00... Dude is nuts... It's been there for over a year and a half !!!
Of course. The average seller sees a diecast toy, they see that it's old. And their imagination runs wild with what they have. Never mind the condition, they're sitting on a gold mine! All three cars worth.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Talk to him about it. Maybe he'll come down on the price once you explain it to him. Never hurts to try.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
see if you can get it for 10 bucks. thats the most i would pay for that one. the wheels are bent and there's a bit of paint loss happening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts