Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about these things, it looked like a nice cop car.

That green stuff wiped off

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Nice!
will run on a micro machines track or matchbox track.
You can widen the pickup shoes and run it on everyone elses HO track. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good find. If you can get some of the 12 volt chassis, you won't have to worry about pick up widening or anything either. The intriguing question for me with the Matchbox cars is: are the 6 volt chassis (the type you have) actually compatible on a normal 18 volt HO track or will the motor burn out? There seems to be some debate about that.

I have tried fitting a Tomy Turbo motor to one of these chassis. It does require some widening of the rear bulkhead to accommodate the slightly larger circular section on the motor but it does fit in. But then you then get issues with the car spinning up the tyres etc.

Fun to work on though. :thumbsup:

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,702 Posts
I know nothing about these things, it looked like a nice cop car.
Good find AMX...It is a slotcar, but...You can always slide the rear gear off the axle, remove those ski shoes and guide pin, then you can roll it as a diecast...:p:p I've done it before myself, in my younger days...RM

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Alright, are the wheel wells enlarged? if not its a $5.00 car, cut its $2.50.

Not a tough find, they are around and for the most part, unusable. Sure tinker with it to get it to run, but its time best spent on your other cars.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
FWIW- I run my (few) 6v matchbox cars on 15v all the time, no problems and no motors have gone up in smoke either. Problem is, these motors are cheap and use simple wire springs instead of normal comm brushes, which tend to wear out fast or break off :( But I did replace one of those 6v motors with a modern can motor and she runs great :) Just make sure when you run these cheap chassis, that you have proper gear mesh, and it's best to shim the crown gear to obtain a good mesh. BTW- I have one stock 6v Matchbox car that's faster than EVERY Other Can motor car I own....and it's waaay too fast and needs about 10ft of shutdown area on my Dragstrip, because the dynamic braking has no effect on this Lightning Bolt !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts