Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some custom Fairlanes at auction.

These are cars that I KNOW were a part
of the Hobby talk history. I saw them here.
I was new and they made a BIG impression on me.

This was madsappers fairlane?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-HO-Slot-Car-ESTATE-FIND-AFX-AURORA-Parts-or-Repair-70-/380463021589?pt=Slot_Cars&hash=item58955cfe15

This was Goosechickens fairlane

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-HO-S...item5ae8faae09

Though I do not remember the builders, I believe
it was goosechicken?who hosted a modeling/custom contest?
He sent any and all who asked, a couple of these Playing Mantis
bodies to go crazy with.

Then some time later again, Gene, (or goose?)I think? had some car cases STOLEN
from his car at a slot car show. Were these part of the missing cars?

These auctions are in Fortville, Indiana

Any of you old timers remembering any of this?

Also, Dipping a body in a bucket of water with paint floating on its surface
produced unique paint jobs. This was also talked about in Customs
at that time and guys were experimenting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-HO-Slot-Car-ESTATE-FIND-AFX-AURORA-Parts-or-Repair-86-/390455805300?pt=Slot_Cars&hash=item5ae8fac574

or...am I simply out of my tree and this seller is one of our own?
His auctions say estate sale find. He has an awful lot of auctions.

·
BANNED
8,200 Posts
scrolled through all those listings and added a few to my watch list. there are some customs that are interesting.

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
Joez and all, That Hot Rod is a Joe Furilli resin creation. How do I know that, his resin casts all had the letter "R" on the underside if they were a repop of an Aurora body, like that one. If you look close you will see the R upside down right by the front post. The gray and lime color is resin, the blue appears to be paint, from a dip. But I do have several of his that are all resin and in three or more colors. Just thought you would like to know. pig

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Joez and all, That Hot Rod is a Joe Furilli resin creation. How do I know that, his resin casts all had the letter "R" on the underside if they were a repop of an Aurora body, like that one. If you look close you will see the R upside down right by the front post. The gray and lime color is resin, the blue appears to be paint, from a dip. But I do have several of his that are all resin and in three or more colors. Just thought you would like to know. pig
That is indeed good to know, PP. Thank you.

GooseChicken has not been seen here since 2005.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Oh, and Goosechicken has been around, though not recently. He lost his password and came back under a new name... CTSV OWNER is his new handle. But he's been AWOL since his basement flooded last year.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, and Goosechicken has been around, though not recently. He lost his password and came back under a new name... CTSV OWNER is his new handle. But he's been AWOL since his basement flooded last year.

Glad to know he has been around, Ujoe....but still wondering why his customs ended up in an estate sale.:rolleyes:

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Anything's possible. A possibility is they hit the bay during financial distress and Ron bought them... The transaction could have taken place on another slot car board that both frequented. Those cars could have been in the purported stolen slot car case and sold at one of the Midwest shows.

What is sad is if they are indeed Ron's cars (there are a ton listed by that seller) how and why his family would just let them go in that manner? Now I'm just speculating, but it does seem odd that a family who know how much their husband/father liked the lil cars that they'd end up on an estate sale blowout on the bay. What the seller hasn't given thought to is the ill affects of flooding the market during the summer when slots are generally slow... I kinda look at it as just desserts for scavenging through an estate sale for the sole purpose of finding a gold mine to sell, and his/her reward for rushing things is a low payout.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Check on Goose, spoke with him last year. I still have his old Ed Bianci oval routered track in my basement from a trade years ago.

I can't get the link to work on my laptop (traveling with work). I scrolled through and I do not recognize any of my Fairlane customs in his listings...

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I saw Goose at the Valley Rail Trains show in Allentown a few months ago. :wave:

Check in, Goose! We miss ya here...

--rick

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Actually he wasn't wrong...

Your off by a good 5 years Joe. Goose had a mail-in race back in 2010 :) Roger Corrie
JoeZ was correct As GooseChicken he hadn't been here since 2005. Last post according to member stats = Last Activity: 11-26-2005 09:52 AM .... If you follow the conversation along JoeZ went on to acknowledge that Goose has been around. After being told Goose's new HT handle is CTSV OWNER ... JoeZ said "Glad to know he has been around Ujoe." The conversation moved on from there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts