Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ateam vans!

you guys ever see a upsidedown car before?

looking to trade for camaros

small crease at the top of the c4 :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've seen upside down, facing the wrong way (Matchbox style), and even with all wheels on the card like it was driving on the wall. Are these considered a valuable error?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I've seen upside down, facing the wrong way (Matchbox style), and even with all wheels on the card like it was driving on the wall. Are these considered a valuable error?
They are not errors as a error has to be something wrong with the Car itself, not being packaged wrong...... Don't let others fool ya gettin ya to think otherwise. :D

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
They are not errors as a error has to be something wrong with the Car itself, not being packaged wrong...... Don't let others fool ya gettin ya to think otherwise. :D
Exactly right. An error is something like PR5s on the front and MC5s on the rear...it would be noticeable if the car is removed from the packaging. I believe, however, that they could be easily faked; therefore, a legitimate error should be left on the card.

Cars that are packaged upside-down, on the side, or facing the wrong way shouldn't even be considered errors, in my opinion.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I think the "City Stunt" Citroen Rally car just didn't manage to stick the landing! As far as packaging mistakes go, I have a different sort of one that I showed on here a while back: A '70 Chevelle SS convertible on a '62 Bel Air Bubbletop card. I'm not generally one to keep my cars in the package, but that one won't be getting set free!

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
There are many collectors who like those type of mistakes.
As several people have mentioned there are a lot of different types of errros: wrong car in the blister, mis matched wheels, no wheels, missing windshields just to name a few.
Nice finds.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
I opened a missing windshield Batmobile one day and didn't even realize. :p
There are many collectors who like those type of mistakes.
As several people have mentioned there are a lot of different types of errros: wrong car in the blister, mis matched wheels, no wheels, missing windshields just to name a few.
Nice finds.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I opened a missing windshield Batmobile one day and didn't even realize. :p
yeah same here with the red 86 iroc camaro... did not even realize it untill the car fell out of the package...so i quickly stuck it back in and glued the blister back on...cant tell that easily atleast. mine has PR5's on the rear and mc5's on the front

1 - 14 of 14 Posts