Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news for racers around the Riverfront RC Raceway, Fort Dodge, IA.
We made a great track improvement by adding 5 foot of racing surface to the back straight! This is going to make it faster and hopefully even closer racing!
It will be ready to go for this Sunday racing. Come on over and give it a try!
Weather is going to be fantastic as well! I am sure Jim and his wife will be cooking up awesome burgers again! Anything better than racing, great weather and burgers???

All the thanks go to a local racer, Todd Cooper, for getting it done!
Thanks Todd!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Track improvements turned out very well. Todd is a mastercraftsman when it comes to concrete. It should help speed things up by cutting down on cautions. And help new racers get up to speed

·
Registered
147 Posts
Awesome news! Will keep me from mowing the grass every time out of 2.

I can't be there Sunday but am hoping to make the October Cornbelt race.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim and I tested it out last night. It was awesome!!!
Nice extra room to get out of turn 2! Should be less spins as well, which will make for better racing.

Make sure to come Sunday and try it out!
Gates open around 10am and racing at 1pm.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd like to make a contrabution. Where can I send some cash to help the cause? Look forward to getting back on the track!

·
Registered
99 Posts
First of all it was a club meeting not a scheduled conference call with you. Many things were discussed in that 3 hours and it was decided by the members a conference call with you was not necessary.
If QSAC had the members best interest in mind they would've done something with the results of the survey. They decided not to. And yes I voted in the survey.
We tried to set an example for QSAC by having a meeting and letting the membership vote on what they the members wanted to do. They voted to not host the race for many reasons not just one.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
That was exactly my point. QSAC called you to listen, then as a group you decided you didnt want to listen. Im fine withyou saying you dont agree, but saying QSAC wont listencause you didn't like the answer is wrong. Out of courtesy to you guys another track in the area didnt put in for a race so you guys could have one. Im sorry your demands couldn't be met after your application was accepted.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Everything was on the table. I can't change what they decided. And if there was another track wanting a race, why didn't they step up.they must not have wanted it that bad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts