Hobbyist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts
Well Monza will go down in the books. The HALO saved another driver. Visually obstructive (I would think.) but obviously effective. Heard they gave Max 3 spot penalty for Russia.. I don't know how right that was. Though Hamilton did go onto the track after the white line. He wasn't up to speed. He impeded Verstappen's line then crowded him over a rumble strip that sent his car crawling over the top of Hamilton's. If that had of been Russell I think the results wouldn't have been as positive. I look at this as a racing incident brought on by....... wait for it..........
" ZEMBLANITY ! "👎🤓👍
I don't like Sky Sports trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill by implying "tactical accident." and that Max walked away without trying to assist Hamilton.. He looked over his way and saw him trying to back out. Now THAT might have been "tactical" on Max's part. 😉
LOVED the McLaren 1-2 finish. And that Riccardo got another "shooey" errrr 1st Place Podium. And Monza no less.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
That was interesting how 2 fouled pit stops led to a fortunent track incident for Verstappen.

I do like your point about Hamilton not being up to speed though leaving the pits.

But wasnt it Toto that made the 'tactical foul' comment?"

May have been..... Now that you mention it. Thought I'd heard that suspicion from the Sky Sports booth prior to Toto's interview. But it was one of the Sky Sports guys that made the comment about Verstappen's lack of concern.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Mrs Fox made the same comment every time they showed him walking away!. I am pretty sure he didnt know the tire had dropped into the halo. How do you like my new background image? 🙃

Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Car

Christian Horner is a voice of reason in the din of F-1 noise. I para phrase his statement. But this is the meat of it. 'If the FIA wanted to make a statement? They would have penalized both drivers equally.' Wow...... Wish there was reasoning like that on a higher level. We could have world peace.

Entertainment Art Performing arts Event Fashion design

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Well I guess they thumbed their nose at the FIA and rebuilt Max's entire drive train. Which sends them all they way to the back of the field! Take that grid penality.

I guess FP3 was rained out as the Mother's Polish exclusive ad ran but Sports Center was aired....

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Dry enough for qualification sessions! 🤙

Now Charles has gone to the back of the field and the word is that the 3 grid spot penaity will still apply - if Leclerc qualifies behind Verstappen and within 3 grid spots of Max. :unsure:

Thanks to all of the penalties. That was a good race. Felt bad for Norris. Maybe he should have stopped for "inters." At least he wouldn't have had that off ... Probably wouldn't have. I thought I heard him adamantly decline them. Of course, the post broadcast was abruptly ended when they had to cut to something like a cornhole tournament; and didn't interview Norris. He joins the long line of those who have had defeat jerked from the jaws of victory, this year.

They said the first three starting positions hadn't been occupied by those teams since 2003. Thought there'd of been more photo ops from the camera crews. The overhead is the only shot I saw of all three cars, together. I liked the helmets.

I know the history of this multi-purpose complex. But it was really kind of an austere track. Struck me too that, for the amount of space, there wasn't a whole lot of seating. Nor an abundance of large screens for the relatively small crowd who were there. The buildings that blocked a lot of the spectators views probably had a " few " parties going on as well. It appeared there were also vantage points from outside the tracks perimeters that might offer about as good a view as those had, who were inside the track. But I really saw little character in the track. Surprised to see snow on the mountain tops. Suppose that's why they set the Winter Olympics there.

Tire Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Helmet

Tire Wheel Vehicle Blue Automotive tire

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Nothing much to add - except congrates to Max for finishing 2nd when he started in 20th. Seems like Bottas may have made a point about him not being at Mercedes next year....

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Red Bull says they are celebrating their first F1 win from back in 1969, but are they raising the white flag on the championship instead?

The cars really look nice though!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Not fond of the white livery. Kind of blends in. I've had a hard time distinguishing the Austin Martin an the Merc's from the front this season. But maybe that's the Red Bull plan..... Blend in. Sneak up on 'em ! :cool:

Which Anderetti ? Or would that a package deal ?

Dialed in all of the stations F-1 is going to be on. Don't know if the race is live or taped. Isn't showing until 7:30 EDST. If it's live that's going to put part of this race in the "dark :30 " range... Ain't it?

Discussion starter · #58 ·
My DVR is showing a live broadcast on ABC now at 12:30 PM (CDST) which includes the pre-race show. This matches up to the scheduled race start time of 2 PM.

There is a massive amount of temporary viewing suites, tents and what looks like new grand stands all the way around the track now!

And their web site is showing a waiting list for tickets - so they must be adding more seating even today!

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Lights may be coming! They are already dealing with record tempuratures but it is barely in the low 80s and will be even warmer today with no cloud cover expected. A nice day by Texas standards. So another F1 night race next year? I heard them mention Miami next year as well but not where in the schedule it would fall. Would really love to see them bring in some of the old F1 USA tracks and of course there is a road course at Indy, Charlotte and Daytona.....

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.