Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 87 Posts
I've experienced the paint thing with worn Sketchers and a wet Wal-Mart parking lot. Hit one of those painted lines and next thing I know I'm on my back looking at a rainy sky. They were saying that paint was meant to slow cars down. Don't see that. unless it's got a hell of a grain to that paint.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Congrates to Red Bull on another win. Looks like a 5th in a row next week will be an easy task.

I think the abrasive (?) paint reference only applies at Paul Ricard and their massive run off areas. Everywhere else is a Walmart parking lot!

Discussion starter · #23 ·
So they had a new sprint race format this week at Silverstone. A lot different result wise for the race but moving qualifying to Friday was the biggest change. Didnt care for Hamilton's move at Cobbs. He should really know better and backed out behind Leclerc later on. Ten seconds is a pitance of a penality. I've never seen any try to pass on the inside of Cobbs and Max held the racing line going into the corner. Hopefully; he will be okay. A 51g hit had to hurt internally.

First please let me say thank you to those associated with Hobby Talk for providing the diecast boards and keeping them pretty darn consistent; and functioning all these years. Unlike another forum that changes it's format more than Jim Hall changed the aerodynamics of the Chaparral.

With that said WOW........ Max is in a state of zemblanity..... And Louis is back in the land of serendipity. After thinking about it a couple of weeks I kind of have to say Louis should have thought better. I mean it wouldn't have been like he couldn't have recouped the positions. Then Botas last week-end playing F-1 billiards..

As Horner said about the Silverstone and applies to Hungry. ' Rather hollow victories.' But it DID make for a good race.

c

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Never seen a one car restart before! It did turn out to be an interesting race though. Maybe there is some merit to that inverted field ideal they keep bring up.....

As to HobbyTalk the site hosting change was pretty dramatic in the leap forward in technology and it seems many of the patches made along the way were not salvegable or are still proving problematic but overall we do seem to have a stable site now and a trickle of new and returning members ever week. As I chant frequently - keep on posting - and they will (continue to) come! My thanks to everyone who has stuck around through the turmoil and law-less- ness periods!

A truth in racing was broken at SPA last Sunday. Unlike NASCAR, where if three beers get spilled in the same spot on the track. They'll call it until after it's dried out. The unbroken truth, until SPA was. "If you go to see an F-1 race. You're gonna see an F-1 race..." It was: bad. They've called SCCA races off for much less. But I just can't shake those images from the 2015 (?) China GP of those cars coming out of that scud on the front straight. Can't believe I can't find that image online. Yet. I guess now I'll have to qualify that "truth" with a percentage.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
It was pretty dense rain fail drizzle mist. I have a feeling the cost to repair damaged cars, replace gear boxes and engines was mentioned a few times during the discussion.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Sunny skies at Zandvort this weekend but the stands are awash in orange from side to side to seaside! New banked turns, hills, camber, and a tight slow pit lane. Should be fun. 🤙

Discussion starter · #36 ·
More red flags in Q1 and Q2.....

Mr Hobbs was correct in saying you cant race at Zandvoort with a modern (late 2000s) F1 car! Even with the track modifications it seems in 2021!

The adage is to finish first - one must first finish. The race later this morning is building towards who will be left at the end to cross the finish line! So maybe the 2nd shortest race in F1 history will be run today!

Looked like they learned from the practices. Tough track. Liked the banking. Don't know if Louis was complaining or preparing an excuse. But the Mercs and their pilots were outrun and I don't believe strategy had that much to do with it.. I too made the comment just before the announcer said it. Couldn't recall a National anthem being sung at an F-1 event. It was very nice.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
I didnt remember an anthem being sung before on the podium either. Not sure if she was the same one who sung before the race started. During the pre race it looked like she only had one braid while the podium singer had 2 braids.

I missed the end of qualifications as the dvr ran short of Q3 on Saturday and I diidnt see the pre race session until after the race ended. To me those races set up as a chess match. With Verstappen and Red Bull pllaying through to the end game and made no noticible mistakes. And kept the lead they had established on Saturday. Though Verstappen mentioned 3 mistakes he made in Q3 that almost cost him the pole.

I was surprised there were no major mishaps during the race as well. Though Vettal did spin once but recovered quickly..

Discussion starter · #40 ·
I think so as well. Verstappen had such a good start I think he would have taken the lead from Hamilton at turn 1 and we would have had the same outcome. Max, Lewis and Valterri all had lapped the rest of the entire field well before the race ended. And Max was 20 seconds in front of Lewis and nearly a minute ahead of Bottas.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.