Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Proper racing starts this weekend with the Bahrain Grand Prix. ESPN (2, U and NewsHD) coverage. I have to acknowledge I havent been keeping up with all the changes and updates but I've got 2 days to catch up. I only found one pre event related show right before the race coverage on Sunday morning and 2 rebroadcasts Sunday evening and over night Monday morning US Central Time.

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still not used to who is driving what and the paint colors but surprisingly or not Versstappen has topped FP1 2 and 3. Red Bull and Mercedes have the top 2 teams still and the rest are all over the boards depending on time of day, fuel load and tires.

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Versstappen wind pole. If anyone is interested let us start out picking 4th place this year. I think it will be Verstappen and Hamilton at the top with Tsunado in 3rd, but Gasly will still end up beating Bottas and Leclerc to finish in 4th.

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that was an ugly start to the race!

And those dang track limits. I heard Toto say post race enforcement was brought in during the middle of the race! Was it the lap before Verstappens pass? Hamilton had been running track limits all day and so was Verstappen but it looked like the enforcement went in to effect during Verstappens pass. He had already passed both cars on the inside of him!!!! With nowhere else to go.

Not sure what happened to Tsunado early on but he did manage to climb back to 9th place.

Vettal is not a factor this year Which is to bad for Aston Martin.

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mercedes is back to the top but Verstappen had a mechanical issue. Ferrari is 4 and 5 with Gasley in between. Tsunado is 7th - maybe he can finish more than one lap on Sunday.

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have made it up to FP3 on the DVR. Another messy session but Verstappen is back on top again.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Portugal's track would be one I'd either like to do a lap or two by myself. Or watch them race on TV.... Flashbacks of Road Atlanta !. Constant + and - G's. One blind hill after another. And some of those have turns sweeping through them. All of those things are at RA and more. Love the track to spectate from. Not to drive in competition. Good race. I'd like to have seen more midfield competition.

The ESPN coverage was, as usual, poor. I guess there's great concepts that for some reason are visited, work well and then discarded. You know ? Like the Hardee Huskee,.Co-Molds, XP, and SPEED VISION.

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Portugal is a nice track. I am not sure why they truncate the broadcasts like they do of the feed from F1. And then the feed of the actual race is controlled by a local broadcaster. I miss the post race coverage where they interview drivers and team principals and great insight is shared not only after the race but after each session.

Eventually I will have to invest in the direct feed from Sky Sports to get the additional coverage they provide.

I'm starting to think Hamilton is sandbagging up untl the race and Mercedes is suppressing Bottas during the race though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts