Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
It looks like the axle is bent, but most commonly the rim isn't popped all the way in the tire.
Sometimes the axles aren't secured in the base but I don't think it's that.

·
Registered
625 Posts
GMC or GMX Typhoon?

I really like the Fury and the Caddy.
It's a GMC Typhoon and the Buick Regal Grand National GNX.

I still don't know why JL hasn't done the basic all black GMC Typhoon. The 2 tone colours were 2nd year only (of 2 model years produced) and those wheels are hideous. I guess I'm looking for a black '92 GMC Typhoon because my father has one. :p

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Check out the stance of the rear wheel/tire in this image.
What do you see?

Cheers. Cobra
I see it on several of the above shots, JL's seem to suffer this malady more than other makers, the blk/wht checkerboard flooring doesn't help either. I still buy them cuz I like the castings.

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's a GMC Typhoon and the Buick Regal Grand National GNX.

I still don't know why JL hasn't done the basic all black GMC Typhoon. The 2 tone colours were 2nd year only (of 2 model years produced) and those wheels are hideous. I guess I'm looking for a black '92 GMC Typhoon because my father has one. :p
Actually, the two tones were both years, '92 & '93.

Maybe you were thinking of the Syclone. The Syclone was only Black the first year ('91) and the handful of '92 they made were two toned. They never went into full production in 1992.

Also, there are some new Black/Black Ty's on e*ay right now.

Jimmy

·
Registered
625 Posts
Really? They had 2 tone in '92? I'll take your word for it as these awesome trucks were never sold in Canada.

Ah well, at least its finally in black and the proper wheels and rubber tires too. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts