Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
The packaging says that Malibu is an 80 but the headerpanel/parking light/headlight/grille area and taillamps say it is a 79. Since I own a 79, I'll have to pick up a few of these and make 'em look like my own car.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think there is 2 different wheel versions with the Typhoon. I see this picture abnove, then I see pictures with the same rims as the Malibu...I guess I have to wait and see when I get them, what they actually look like.

Jimmy

·
Banned
200 Posts
Oh yea, another fake Spoiler. Whoopee.
Serious question, what constitutes a real Spoiler? Does it have something to do with the number, or is something missing or different from the original Spoilers? There are a couple of winners in this group. A pink AMX may seem odd, but something looks right about this one. I like the flames on the Challenger, some of the best in a while - not so much on the Malibu. That Malibu is long overdue by the way. Kudos to Tom Z for finally getting it out. I like the police truck but Lummox is right, needs different wheels. Maybe painted black or white steelies with dog dishes. That Z10 Pace Car coupe is different looking with the steel roof instead of the convertible. Don't think anyone has done one of those before? That might end up being my first wheel swap project though. Like he said, just hope I can find this release out there.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Serious question, what constitutes a real Spoiler? Does it have something to do with the number, or is something missing or different from the original Spoilers?
It's my call, since I am the self-appointed the arbiter of justice for all things Rebel Rod/Spoiler. ;) Having colllected these things right from the very beginning in the box sets at KBToys years ago, a "real Spoiler" is one with a metal base and one that continues the numbering from where they left off with the last one. JL has err'ed before in this series (with the multilpe colored 12's, the second 20, and the 76 vice 26) but this "plastic-based, let's start over at a random number" hogwash is beyond the pale.

So, just in case you're wondering, the next real spoiler would have a metal base and be numbered 41. I'm not holding my breath.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
That "be" a SuperBIRD, not a Super Bee. Did you forget the conversation about the birds and the bees? ;)

What's with the lack of tampos? No blacked out light buckets, no "Plymouth" on the rear quarters, and no Road Runner on the wing or driver's side light bucket?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Those giant rims on the Challenger, Camaro & the Malibus will be helping me save my money in the new year. Too bad. I really wanted to spend some of it on JLs.

I agree with Lummox; why would a police van have those dragster wheels?

Nice colors on the Mopars. The AMX, not so much.

Looks like JL might be heading down a path I don't really want to follow. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
As usual, I'll take the BWFs and the police wagon...but agree the wheels could be better on the latter. I also think the flames could be better on the Malibu, but it slightly difficult to see the hood in the pic. I'll wait and see how it all comes together in person before I make a final judgment. At least the blue flames are a different color choice.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
although their are no Fords, I may still buy these if I run across them.
some decent castings in here.
And The Pink AMX is just like the one Playboy gave to
The Playmate of the year in 1969!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
And The Pink AMX is just like the one Playboy gave to
The Playmate of the year in 1969!
Well, gotta eat my words, I guess. That's a cool idea for a release, since it's historically relevant. I still don't think I'll buy it, even though it's one of my favorite castings. Pepto-Bismol Cars make me nauseous!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts