Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the new Cuda in my order from Mini-Motors and was intriqued by the "New Casting" on the card. After opening it and looking at the casting number it is the same number as all other Cuda's, #490. I looked at them and didn't see a difference. Once I took these pics I see some difference, mainly the word Plymouth on the grill, but does that make it a "New Casting"? I'm not sure but I do like it, and if you look closely you can see a black on black racing stripe across the top and trunk. The #16 car is the old Spoilers release, #17 the new release.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Very odd choice for a spoiler, since it is so similar to the other version. What are they thinking??? Thanks for the nice side-by-side pics!!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Certainly a new tampo doesn't make it a new casting.
The new Forever 64 maroonish '65 Impala cnvt says new casting too, and it sure ain't.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Perhaps new plastic bases classify them as new castings. :jest:
I'm wondering if that's not exactly what it means. The Packard says New Casting on the card too...and this an old RC casting. Was it retooled? Because it came with a plastic base in it's previous incarnation, so it can't have much to do with the base. Anyway, I think that when a car is now introduced into the line, they are putting this on the card. And if it fools some newbies into thinking it's an all new casting, hey, maybe they'll buy it thinking to get it's first run. But what happens if they come on the boards and find they've been duped? Will LC's very UN-precise wording win them any pointers then? I think this is like an ebay seller who uses tricky words, hoping to catch some buyer unaware...which is bad...or at the very least sloppy marketing. Please, don't do this.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I think Dragnet is right .. Its a new casting for the discount line w/plastic chassis .. , not a new JL casting .. Several cars are now from old RC tooling ... 67 Plymouth , 65 Chevelle , 53 Packard , 51 Hudson , 31 Caddy .. Probably others ..
I would like to see the 1960 Ford Starliner brought back !!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
oh yeahhh black!!
S'what I'm talkin' 'bout too :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics Gerald! I just won one loose for 99cents yesterday (I have a fill a flat rate box with the seller) it might be weeks before I get my grubby paws on it and the other goodies. I'll be looking at your great pics till then :)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Actually it doesn't say

NEW Casting

it says

NEW!

Casting

Make of that what you will
Sounds like LC has an ex-congressional speach writer hidden in their closet who comes up these things. It's engenious really. In just two words they've covered enough ground to keep us guessing and going in circles for months :wave:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts