Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Have never seen the paramedic unit, although I have the visitor center version and a black SWAT version... The first one I bought had a Bilstein shocks livery, but ironically the rear axle was all messed up making it look like the van had bad shocks. I returned that one. Should have kept it just for a laugh.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Paramedic is from the 2012 EMT 5-pack but it is also a different casting of the Transit. Hence the posting. :thumbsup: and if you ask me, it's also very fugly. I got that 5-pack today after months of being unsure. Unfortunately I try to collect as many Ford E-350 and Hazard Squad as I can because I love them and the Pierce Dash made it 3 out of 5 so I bought it in the end.

PS: check your Visitors Center Transit, you'll see a dog sleeping in the back of the car.

·
Registered
763 Posts
His name is Dunton. When it was first discovered that there was a dog in the back of the van, collectors came up with an idea to name him. We eventually decided on Dunton as it was a nod to where the Transit was designed. It was created at the Ford Development Centre in Dunton, Essex, UK. This is where Matchbox went to, to get the license to use the model in miniature, and also due to the 40th Anniversary celebrations of the Transit, the Dunton offices had Matchbox make a 40th Anniversary model as a limited edition for them.

It seemed only fitting that he should be named after the place where the Transit came from.

:) :D :p

·
Registered
582 Posts
Have never seen the paramedic unit, although I have the visitor center version and a black SWAT version... The first one I bought had a Bilstein shocks livery, but ironically the rear axle was all messed up making it look like the van had bad shocks. I returned that one. Should have kept it just for a laugh.
The Paramedic version is an older casting. I always thought that was funny with the Bilstein version. I added a hitch to that one and it pulled a similiarly colored (Gulf-wannabe) Hot Wheels GT40. I think I ended up putting that one on eBay and selling it for close to $30...whoa!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts