Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite Emergency Vehicles are the Ford F-Series Ambulances.

Here is my collection of them so far.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Awesome collection!!! You took some great pics of them as well. Are these E or F series? I thought the van chassis was designated E.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Nice Dave!.......:thumbsup:....I always love the EMS by MBX....Which almost all I eiether traded them or I pass them on to my Godson.....:cool:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
One of my favorites too, but I only have 4 or 5 of the Matchbox ones. Same question here, because I got it wrong in another thread. I think this is the E type and not the F type? Either way, they look great. I passed on two or three of them because of the tampos but it's a great model.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Yeah, these are based on the E-Series commercial van chassis. F-Series are the pickups. I like these ambulances as well, and usually detail the front ends myself. They would be a lot cooler though if MB had wheels that actually looked like they belong on a truck.

Remember the MB Chevrolet ambulance from the 80's? Now that was a hunk of diecast.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of my favorites too, but I only have 4 or 5 of the Matchbox ones. Same question here, because I got it wrong in another thread. I think this is the E type and not the F type? Either way, they look great. I passed on two or three of them because of the tampos but it's a great model.

They are the E Series but all of the manufactures of Die Cast refer to them as F Series.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts