Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard of this place in Miami... http://www.rocousa.com/HobbyStore.htm

Seems to be real nice. Perhaps I will make a trip down there. It's about a 4 hour ride for me one way but if they have a lot of stuff...

Not sure what, if anything, they carry for sci-fi or horror modeling but they seem to have a lot of what they do stock.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I made the trip. Was more like 11 hours round trip. But its a good store for what it is. They seem to be a Tamiya importer or distributor. They sell EVERYTHING currently made by Tamiya... RC cars, plastic model cars, ships, tanks, planes. You want the big 1/16 RC tanks? They have 10 of each of them. Plus all the Tamiya jar and spray paints. ALL of them. They also carry Revell Germany and Revell. I saw a few Trumpeter ships but no other Trumpeter kits. They also handle a large selection of wood sailing ships. For the most part, they have a huge stack of everything. You want 9 Sherman tanks at once? They have it. Or 9 1/16 scale Rommel's. Additionally they carry everything from Preiser, Faller, etc. in the way of train buildings, figures, accessories, etc. I found some hard to find kits. Prices are not discounted but are not jacked either. I paid $80.77 for the 1/25 Tiger I tank. That is very fair. last time it was reissued I think it ran $99.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and even though that store looks absolutely great I'll only make it in if I am headed down to the general area for something else. If I do head down there I am definitely stopping in the place, the amount of things they have is impressive, especially these days of the decimated hobby shops that are left. So did they have the scifi, horror, and space type models in abundance also?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No they ONLY stock Tamiya and Revell kits. They did have the Tamiya Apollo spacecraft kit and the Revell Germany (ex Heller) Apollo and LEM capsules, etc. I suppose because they are also a wholesaler and ship out their stuff to other stores, thats why they don't put price tags on anything. I did some searching on their web site and they do sell at pretty reasonable prices. One of the 1/35 Tamiya Tiger Tanks I priced checked was $29... not bad for Tamiya. One of the kits I bought was marked down to $50 from $77.

Now that I have been there I'd most likely buy from their web site. I thought it was worth the trip though. Yeah it cost me half a tank of gas and a day's time but I didn't have anything better to do. And I got three kits for myself and a jar of paint and found a kit for a friend of mine, so it was a success. I enjoyed driving through the Everglades too.

If anyone goes down there with family the shop is pretty close to the massive Dolphin Mall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts