Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed your name at the bottom. Do you own a 78 Firebird Redbird? If so you should get RC2/PM to do it. Wish they would do that one and the Bluebird and Yellowbird. Can't remember the last time I saw one on the road. Never see them at the National Trans Am/Firebird show.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes I have one, but it is in such bad shape that they could only use it as a project in progress car. When I get my 02 T/A paid off I plan on making it like new again. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Have either of You seen this one? Not JL but...

R/C Custom Cruisers ...I picked it up about a year ago for .99,
maybe it is'nt what Your talking about here.

Last person I knew that had these was BigJoe's Diecast.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
340 Posts
That's nice but the Redbird is a two-tone red Esprit with gold pin stripes, red snowflake mags and the T/A inst panel. It was part of a series of "Birds" Each one a different color. Skybird (blue 77-78), Redbird (red 78-79) and Yellowbird (yellow 79-80). These are very good looking cars more rare than most Firebirds made in those years.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot they were called Skybirds. Yup, they are very very rare. I remember seeing some on the road back then but anymore they are non-existant. As I have said I have been at the T/A Nationals for about 10 years in a row, never have seen one. Would like to run across one for a super price and snag it.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The development people need to (hint, hint) contact JIM MATTISON with PONTIAC HISTORICAL SERVICES and se if thet can get some pics and put the Skybird, Redbird and Yellowbird in the next Firebirds release which is not scheduled for 6 months or more. I'm bettin he has all kinds of pics of rare birds.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
T/A Tom said:
The development people need to (hint, hint) contact JIM MATTISON with PONTIAC HISTORICAL SERVICES and se if thet can get some pics and put the Skybird, Redbird and Yellowbird in the next Firebirds release which is not scheduled for 6 months or more. I'm bettin he has all kinds of pics of rare birds.
Ya hear that PMS??? PPPllleeaaasseee, just mention it. :) :D :wave:

R

·
0 Posts
Only Chicks drove redbirds, skybirds and yellowbirds when they were new..... only chicks!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mine came with the same motor that the 78 Z28 had, 350 4 bbl. After I took off all the smog stuff, put dual exhaust on and got rid of the air cond, it would out run all the 400 T/A. Not bad for an Esprit.

R

·
0 Posts
Not a condemnation, just an observation.....

I think it was the color (sky blue and pale yellow) and the froo-froo little bird they used for an emblem

·
Registered
340 Posts
I agree with you. I did not like the Skybird or Yellowbird as far as the color. But I never understood why they did not sell better. I guess it was lack of Pontiac's advertising them.

R

·
0 Posts
I would agree with that.... they came out with a special car and then ignored it

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I'd like to see as many Firebirds/Trans Ams as possible, even the one with the froo-froo bird! :lol: Macho T/A's would be awesome, but wouldn't there be some hefty licensing?

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Thanks for the links to those colorful little 'Birds. All of them are very nice and should be done in diecast.

The '78 Formula is nice too (and likewise belongs in 1/64)!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts