Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok It's my title

Here is a sneak preview of the Chip Foose that we will be doing on the 1st release.
Once I have images with the painted version I will get them over to you.
We are trying to come up with 6 castings.
The response here is crazy.
What do you think?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Would love to see an Olds 442. I'd love to see what Chip Foose could do with one. :thumbsup: I don't know if Overhaulin' ever had one on though.

BTW, the choices so far look great!

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
The Effie looks awesome! Sure hope they do Joe Rogan's "Fast Fish" 'Cuda and the '71 Challenger from Overhaulin'.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Every one looks like a winner! That rendering of the F100 appears to bear a striking resemblance to Chips own truck. Awesome! Though, these will probably be the only way that I'll be able to afford a Foose creation. Thanks, Gerald, for the update! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Awesome cars and that F-series is gorgeous. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And the 6th casting will be ..... the amazing roadster Chip is standing beside. One day maybe.

I hope when M2 does Design Shop castings that they start with the 1960 Ford Starliner.

pic courtesy russoandsteele.com

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Awesome cars and that F-series is gorgeous. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And the 6th casting will be ..... the amazing roadster Chip is standing beside. One day maybe.

I hope when M2 does Design Shop castings that they start with the 1960 Ford Starliner.

A M E N ! A M E N ! A M E N ! !

A regular 60 and/or 61 Starliner would be even better. Or just about anything for the 60s other than Muscle cars! - they've already been done by everyone ad naseum!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts

Cool Starliner Mister ONETWONTHREEFOURFIVER! :D
This is a Foose??? The grill is amazing as is the color.
Not into big rims, but I'm glad to see Foose is at least getting away from those two-tone paint jobs...MUCH cleaner!

Not a Chip Foose fan, but I respect his work fully.

The one I like best is the F-100.
The one I like least is the '67 Nova because of the graffix.

Thanks for the post Gerald. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow, another Nova, that's 3 new versions shown on these pages in the past few days. I agree it could use hotter graffix, depending on the colors. I gotta' have those and I thought I had seen the last of 'em with all the new castings now.

OK, not so sure of the Firebird as it's so similar to the Camaro. Possibly a 'Cuda or Challenger for the Mopar fans. And for the 6th something based on a Ground Pounder, like the Buick GSX or the Nomad, or an Auto-Trucks. There's variety for ya'.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
What is the scale? That will decide if Sean/M2/Foose get my greenbacks. If they are MAtchbox/Hws/JL/Majorette sized, then I am a happy camper. I have passed on so much M2 stuff due to being to big.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Scale

What is the scale? That will decide if Sean/M2/Foose get my greenbacks. If they are MAtchbox/Hws/JL/Majorette sized, then I am a happy camper. I have passed on so much M2 stuff due to being to big.
Should be 1/64th. Haven't heard otherwise!

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since this is the first release, and if it sells well, we'll see the Mopars down the line.

·
Registered
520 Posts
OK, not so sure of the Firebird as it's so similar to the Camaro.
Really? Did you know the Firebird is the twin to the Camaro? It's not by accident they are similar as the same body shell is used for both with different front/back end styling. Firebird was added at last minute as sibling to the first generation Camaro so there was little leeway for Pontiac stylists to work with compared to the later Firebirds. Depending upon the year/colors I have favorites on both sides of the Firebird/Camaro fence so both are cool!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Chip Foose is a talented designer, no argument here. My personal tastes do not extend to his work in terms of diecast collecting. Frankly, I would much rather see Castline invest it's tooling money into what they started with: the classics! Many of us M2 collectors have been quite vocal with suggestions for cars & trucks from the 40's, 50's and 60's. I think this program caters to a limited audience. My diecast dollars will not be spent on these Foose pieces.
Now, where the heck is release 20 of Auto-Thentics??:confused::freak:??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts