Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Just an opinion BUT do not eat the track side food .Alot of sick guys from some track side vendors.....Not a shot just not fun watching your buddies HURL for 24 hours .....

Charlies Steakhouse --- I love it when KATFISH pays !!!!!!!

Wendys MY favorite

Mickey Ds ---Open 24 hours got to love that

Pancake House ---Best Steak and Eggs Ever!!!!!!

Lobster Buffet ?? Never seen anyone out eat Ms. Valentine ,Do not bet with her shes a hustler [100 Pounds soak and wet BUT can eat 15 lbs of Lobster in one sitting [[[[[She could make big money on betting with R/C guys ...

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
The food was good going down, but after that we won't comment LOL. Not sure what was up as there was something going around. Our crew was lucky and ate trackside and all were ok - maybe the paragon was a great anti-body??

Right next door is a new seafood grill that looks real nice. Within a mile you can find a lot. There is a donut / coffee joint across the street (good for morning coffee). I posted on the front page of the 'birds some Orlando hot spots some racers might not know about that I love to go to when in town - with a ton of great food and more....

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
TGI fridays and Chilis are right across the street.

Rocket is right though...If youve never been to Charlies you GOT TO GO!! It may cost you 40.00 to eat a steak but it will be the best one youve ever had!!

EA

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
You wont find a finer steak in all of Orlando or probably alot of the country then Charlies Steakhouse, I'm sure Katfish will have the the pilgrimage to Charlies again this year, heck last year we got our mugs in Car-Action for eating instead of racing ..... lol.

Also, about 20 minutes from the birds is Blackwater BBQ on orange ave in Orlando, good ole Award winning southern style BBQ. It is excellent.

Rocket, I agree Wendy's is the shiizit for fast food !:thumbsup: and the Donut and Coffee place across the street from the hotel sees me every morning at the birds, its great for us coffee drinkers:wave: ..rumor is if ya bring kenny holmes a cup of coffee you'll get a good qualifier......lmao.

Like Thunder said, TGI Fridays and Chili's are both about 2 blocks away...its kinda hard to screw that up.

City Walk at Universal Studios is just across the interstate, they have food too, Nascar Cafe, Hard Rock, Emerils (for you big money dudes) and the people watching is second to none anywhere, I love me some tourist watchin......lolololol.

Oh yeah, I think we're supposed to race at the birds too !:lol:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
i'll let you all know what time and day we invade charleys steak house!

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
EAMotorsports said:
TGI fridays and Chilis are right across the street.

Rocket is right though...If youve never been to Charlies you GOT TO GO!! It may cost you 40.00 to eat a steak but it will be the best one youve ever had!!

EA
$40 Man I overpaid LOL
I spent $70 for just me and I didn't have any booze

It is by far the best steak I ever had
I am taking the wife and my 3 year old (his birthday will be at Snowbirds The 12th)
And are going to go to Charlies It is kind of $$ but for the tatse it is priceless I just wish the had a if you can eat it its free steak

See you guys there

·
Registered
90 Posts
Food is not an issue down there at all.... If you are hungry you can find food with out much effort... I ate the trackside stuff and nothing happen to me.... Oh wait it made me slower...........LOL

Rocket you should buy a grill and make a million

·
Livin in an Altered State
702 Posts
Fl Flash said:
Cant help but notice the food thread is the largest thread here :lol:
Yeah! And Katf1sh has only posted once!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I did do the 300 person TQ BBQ in Vegas for IRS and Kimbrough , I would love to do a BBQ for all the racers ...Boylan call me and I will get the Chefs jacket in my siutcase and eats for everyone ...SRM We can call it the SNOWBIRD TQ BBQ and Katfish is not allowed the budget would be busted like his jean zipper ....I have done Functions for over 5000 persons at a time ....5000 persons and 5 courses is alot of fun .....25000 plate to build ....

Rocket aka Chef Crashalot

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe since the hotel is under new management they will have a different food vendor. Sure hope so.
One place I can tell you dont go is Wild Jacks next to the hotel. Very expensive . They messed up one of our dinners and it wasnt that good anyway.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
man o' man i get no love in state or out of state! what gives? lol i guess even bad press is a good thing? rocket dogs 2 for a dollar!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts