Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Copying and pasting an e-mail I got this week from Cortlandt Hull and Dennis Vincent, whose interview with James Bama was the subject of my October Resin the Barbarian entry. I find this very interesting and I'm sure others here will as well. Plus, you might see a couple of names you recognize.

Our new documentary, "LEGENDS OF FILM & FANTASY", will now be a multi-part series, this we just decided less than a month ago. Our very first volume will be "THE AURORA MONSTERS - THE MODEL CRAZE THAT GRIPPED THE WORLD!" (co written & co-directed by Dennis Vincent & Cortlandt Hull). The DVD should be ready this spring. It will make it's official premiere at "Wonderfest" in Louisville, KY., on May 15 to 16, in 2010.

We re-thought our documentary, originally it was planned to be a four-hour, two-disc film, covering way too much material. Plus, we have almost 50 interviews, it seemed a shame to waste it, as the raw footage of each interview ran well over an hour for each guest. So, we are planning to produce two themed documentaries a year, but shorter - between 60 to 90 min. and about $10.00 each. The series will all be under the banner of "Legends Of Film & Fantasy". This way, we can use more of the material we have shot. Mainly, this new format allows us to concentrate on each subject, rather than just a brief over-view. Dennis & I are very excited about our new series. We just put a write up on the "Home" page of our website - http://www.preservehollywood.org

Below is our mock-up for the DVD cover. Zacherley is also doing some new wrap-arounds for us, since it was the horror hosts that originally made the classic horror movies "kid friendly" on "Shock Theatre", across the country. This led the way to "Famous Monsters" and eventually the Aurora Monster Kits, which have inspired many makeup artists, illustrators, actors & film makers. Among the guests - Aurora cover artist, James Bama, actor & model sculptor Jeff Yagher, illustrator & model maker, Daniel Horne, from "Sideshow Collectibles" - Tom Gilliland, with Mat Falls, giving a wax sculpture demo, the artists of "Mad Geppetto", Frank Winspur president of "Moebius Models", master model builder & painter Mike Rutherford, and a lot more. We will include some rare photos from Thomas Graham, the author of "The Aurora Models Kits" (book by Schiffer), plus shots of Bob Burns as "Kogar" promoting the 1960's Aurora Monster Kit Contest.

Still in production, no exact release date, except for the premiere at "Wonderfest". Not confirmed yet, but the music score may be done by Broadway violinist & conductor, Kurt Coble.

Early preview trailer, which now is an overview of this new series, "LEGENDS OF FILM & FANTASY" -

All good wishes - Cortlandt & Dennis

This is our new DVD cover mock-up (not final version) - first volume on the series.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
OK...This is a MUST HAVE for me and any Aurora Kid....Please reserve a copy for me if you can :thumbsup: Just let me know where and when it's available and I'm on it. This DVD is going to be so COOOOOOL!:thumbsup:
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Will the DVD work with Aussie players?

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
On my list to buy and watch. Put up a big notice when it is released. Looks like something every monster kid, model builder will want. Very reasonable price as well for a small distribution item. Looks like you guys are going to put a lot of work into it.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Sounds like a great DVD...hey Todd, if your keeping a list of folks to contact when they are ready...please hold one for me.

I'd be interested!:thumbsup:

MMM

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys. Thanks for looking. The video will be fun, I'm sure. I was able to preview a couple of segments and was impressed.

The place to look for sale information, when it's available, is Cortlandt Hull's website, preservehollywood.org. I don't have anything to do with making or marketing this movie. The release date is supposed to be next spring, which is a few months later than the original plan.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Can't Wait To Watch !!!

Wow...Just got home to find an excellent package of goodies had arrived from Cortlandt Hull...

...and a personalized letter from Cortlandt with a Frankenstein caricature
autograph:thumbsup:

This absolutely MADE MY DAY !!!!!
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Now that was cool! I got the first DVD with the poster and green model at Wonderfest. So how do we get the second DVD? Love the one I got at Wonderfest. It's great!:thumbsup:

Chinxy!:dude:

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
You can contact Cortlandt Hull through the Witch's Dungeon website. The "second" dvd won't be ready until June 28th (I've already contacted him about it).
I'm picking up that one too and probably a couple more from their store:thumbsup:
The Art of Daniel Horne looks interesting also!...I also picked up the DVD "The Witch's Dungeon 40 Years Of Chills", on top of all that loot ...and then Cortlandt added a personalized letter with a Frankenstein caricature
autograph:thumbsup:

...a Real Class Act :thumbsup:
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Very cool Denis!
I really like the sketch!

Chris.:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts